05nali's HOW TO Ipod/AUX hookup for 03+ XM equipped trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurdrNali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm no car audio expert so keep that in mind lol but I did however install this mod on my Yukon. As far as bleed over I know what you mean. When I switch over to XM preview you can still here XM audio until you plug in your ipod/phone/mp3 and then it takes over. Not sure how it works but it does lol . I've never had any issues with background noise while using my phone for music either. Hope this helps.

stenhammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tip. Now I have the music I want instead of whatever's on the FM!

Attachments

• 20140830_095230.jpg
    20140830_095230.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 32

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this work if you have Bose head unit with nav and 6 CD changer without losing anything?

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this work if you have Bose head unit with nav and 6 CD changer without losing anything?

Yes,

I don't have the navi but I have the 6 disk and works great for me. You can have the xm on any channel and it cuts the audio for whatever you are playing

secakc33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
aux only works with DVD on

So, I did this mod the other day. I cut the wires to the xm cause i'll never use it. I couldn't get the aux to work even though I kept checking the wires and they seemed correct. So, I was about to give up and wanted to make sure my dvd sound still worked. With the DVD player on the aux works. I also hear phone not available when ever I get in the car. So, it isn't too big of deal to just turn on the DVD. Does anyone know what I did wrong, how to fix it or just live with it. Haven't read of this issue on any threads.

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes,

I don't have the navi but I have the 6 disk and works great for me. You can have the xm on any channel and it cuts the audio for whatever you are playing
Does this eliminate XM?

secakc33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the aux only working if dvd is on? I cut the wires at the xm behind the glove box.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the aux only working if dvd is on? I cut the wires at the xm behind the glove box.

Mine only worked when it was plugged into the XM box and spliced into the 3 wires.

And as far as the bleed over problem for the ones who mentioned it. If you turn your XM to channel 0 which is your radio ID number there is no sound coming from that channel which will allow now bleed over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2