05nali's HOW TO Ipod/AUX hookup for 03+ XM equipped trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
BUMP im about to do this mod, or i should say collecting parts to do this, what Stereo Socket Connector do you guys recommend ?

Last edited:

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Well guys here it is, i ended up doing things a little different since i didnt have a soldering gun and didnt feel like messing with loose 3.5 Stereo Adapter or drilling anywhere to adapt this 3.5 jack, the outcome came out good when not in use i simple put the auxiliary cable in the glove compartment here are a few pictures

20141120_225726_zpstrm8mxr9.jpg

20141120_225733_zpsxg18d2pj.jpg

20141120_225748_zpsqa7yih4l.jpg

and connected to my Tablet
20141120_230952_zpsl2gjmxou.jpg

Flomaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like I bought a mono plug from radio shack. I have purchased the correct plug locally and will resolder the lead wires on.

Pesti13nce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just tried this this evening was able to tap the wires just fine ground to "Lower black/white" and then the other two were tapped at Brown/white and Green/white at the xm harness behind the glove box and I get nothing. It doesn't even cut out Xm when i plug a jack into the port. double checked my wiring and since i used the same plug in the OP's post. I'll have to check it again tmw maybe re tap it or something, it just doesn't make sense.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

So i got thinking about it, since i don't really care about that switch can i just use:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-AAI-GM12-Auxiliary-Interface-Vehicles/dp/B001EAWOEK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420954262&sr=8-2&keywords=gm+aux+input+adapter

and be good?

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
I just tried this this evening was able to tap the wires just fine ground to "Lower black/white" and then the other two were tapped at Brown/white and Green/white at the xm harness behind the glove box and I get nothing. It doesn't even cut out Xm when i plug a jack into the port. double checked my wiring and since i used the same plug in the OP's post. I'll have to check it again tmw maybe re tap it or something, it just doesn't make sense.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

So i got thinking about it, since i don't really care about that switch can i just use:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-AAI-GM12-Auxiliary-Interface-Vehicles/dp/B001EAWOEK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420954262&sr=8-2&keywords=gm+aux+input+adapter

and be good?

Yeah if you want to waste $43 for what can be done for free.

If you hear Xm radio, turn the dial counter-clockwise on the selector knob to get to XM RADIO ID# This is the only XM channel with no existing XM audio. BAsically this mod taps into this "quiet" channel and ports the audio through.

If you still don't have audio from your phone/device make sure the volume is up on the phone/device as well.

Otherwise, you did something wrong.

Last edited:

woytovich

Reaction score
So, bringing this back...

I have XM but will not be renewing my subscription. Will this mod still work if I tap into the XM wires as recommended and then cut them to remove the XM box?

mark

Nxtnlne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How has this mod held up? Can it be used with Premium Bose stock head unit? What gauge is the wire so I can oreder the correct size T-Tap?

Jimmy John

Reaction score
So, bringing this back...

I have XM but will not be renewing my subscription. Will this mod still work if I tap into the XM wires as recommended and then cut them to remove the XM box?

mark
You have to leave the box or you will get errors but you don't need a current subscription to make it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts