05 suburban interior upgrade question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2005 suburban LT. My interior on it is not the best so I have a friend who has an 08 that was totaled and he was willing to give me all the seats in it for a very cheap price and I was wondering if there's a way that I can make them work considering that they're in a perfect condition. Just the seats and there's a chance that he can also give me the center console. Any help will help here.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem I see with this is the seatbelt location. The 05 has the seatbelts built in to the seats, while the 08 will not have a seatbelt in the seat. The 07 and up switched to a seatbelt attached to the 'B' pillar.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will look at how the seats attach in both of my vehicles, since I have both styles. My 06 Sierra Denali has the basic seat setup as your 05 Suburban, but I also have an 09 Tahoe LTZ that have similar seats that you are looking to swap in.

TheRedditt2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
‘00 to ‘06 Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL, and Escalade seats are interchangeable, Tahoe’s aren’t. And after ‘06 they moved the seatbelts to the pillars.