'03 Tahoe Ground locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyStatus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
815BF69E-B2DB-40D9-B6C0-7BB918092739.jpeg 61E4E2E3-58C1-42DE-BBCD-75A182262E2F.jpeg 437836FE-3705-48EF-9CCF-ADD8A82127EA.jpeg 64337EB6-05DF-42D4-BE35-57D21AAAD17B.jpeg
I’ve been investigating electrical issues of my own. I’m having issues with cruise control not working, and my power windows and locks in the passenger and rear doors.
BCM ground is located on underneath the drivers door towards the engine compartment. Also, if you look at some YouTube videos there is a small ground wire behind the motor that can cause all sorts of electrical issues. If you need any more info, I’d be happy to get that to you.

OP
OP
S

SouthPawCO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I still haven’t pulled it apart due to a busy week but for some reason, everything to me is pointing to the BCM/ECM. Recently when the cluster dies, it resets all my trip meters to zero but the odometer stays correct. This leads me to believe whatever is sending the information to the cluster is causing the problem since the mileage resets. On the first rebuilt one, the trip meter always stayed accurate.

OP
OP
S

SouthPawCO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took a video this morning of the cluster to show an example of what it is doing. To me, it is pointing to the BCM but I do not know for sure. When I push the fog light button, all the needles bounce back up and read accurately. At the same time, when I push my fog lights, I can hear something in the back move like the rear door actuator or wiper motor. Anyways, here is the video:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So weird. Electrical issues suck. It's like trying to find a leak in your roof. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
S

SouthPawCO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So weird. Electrical issues suck. It's like trying to find a leak in your roof. Good luck with it.

That gave me a good chuckle as it is a good reference. Well I reached out to my cousin who I forgot worked for GM as mechanic for 9 years. After seeing the video, he suggested ignition switch. I am going to try it tonight and update the results!

OP
OP
S

SouthPawCO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I think I have it narrowed down. I took some time last Friday to pull it apart again. I did the old trick of shaking wires and moving this around to see if I could get it to act up. Low and behold, there were two wires on the plug that felt loose. According to this diagram, the two that felt the most loose was B11 -B12 (power and ground). We snugged them up as best as we could and plugged it all back in and it worked! Well driving it around all weekend, it was all fine and everything seemed to be working correctly (except the fuel gauge which I think is off and needs re calibrated). Well yesterday, it started acting up again so I hav a feeling that the pin is working it self loose again.

Can just single pins be replaced or is there a replacement plug available? I know NAPA sells the pins by themselves but I want to make sure I get the right ones. It appears the 24 pin radio connector looks identical but I have only found one place that sells them.

Attachments

• 4096bf1e901b887bddb1ed95edd037d3.doc
    56 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

TahoeSquirrel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 203976 View attachment 203977 View attachment 203978 View attachment 203979
I’ve been investigating electrical issues of my own. I’m having issues with cruise control not working, and my power windows and locks in the passenger and rear doors.
BCM ground is located on underneath the drivers door towards the engine compartment. Also, if you look at some YouTube videos there is a small ground wire behind the motor that can cause all sorts of electrical issues. If you need any more info, I’d be happy to get that to you.

TahoeSquirrel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe LT 5.3 and when I punch the gas or hit a bump my ABS, Battery light come on an my locks and radio stops working

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a loose wire. Did you make any changes to your Tahoe before this started happening, or did it just start happening?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew