02' Yukon XL Fuel Pump Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaysonsimmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have an 02 Yukon XL 2500 8.1. This has a 38 Gal fuel capacity... I did not realize it actually utilizes 2 fuel tanks until my fuel pump went out.

There is a 30 Gal main tank, and a smaller 8 gal tank. The fuel pump that went bad was the main tank. Replaced it and since then, the fuel gage does not seem to be accurate. When I fill it, it shows full. (filling is also difficult) It will show empty, but then when adding fuel it is full at about 32 - 34 gallons...

Has anyone else experienced this? What was the problem / resolution?

Thanks in advance for the help!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you replace the pump/sender unit/pod or just the pump and swapped the sender over? Should do the complete assembly when go that far. Also, check for any way you might have pinched the vent. May have to drop tank again.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im betting somthing got pinched and is causing the difficult fueling. my moms nnbs experienced this when her fuel pump was replaced. I walked away from a 2500 burb with the problem.

OP
OP
jaysonsimmons

jaysonsimmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the entire pump... I don't think anything got pinched... I will have to take a look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6