'02 Tahoe custom cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A color morph with a high gain slope would be perfect from a functional standpoint.
Do you mean the needle (using Tach and colors for examples) starts off white then as it climbs changing to yellow then orange and red at the peak? There is a way. I just haven't discovered it yet.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the needle (using Tach and colors for examples) starts off white then as it climbs changing to yellow then orange and red at the peak? There is a way. I just haven't discovered it yet.

Exactly. Maybe yellow>orange>red starting around 4500-5000. That range would be a relatively small sweep so maybe three small color filters on the clear lens part and the width of the light beam coming through it will bleed into the colors, from one to the next, and have the color morphing effect.

What I would like to do is: since my '05 is missing the trans temp gauge, adding a stepper motor in there, but not for trans temp. I want accelerator position or tb position. So the needle pegs when you stomp on the gas pedal

Interesting idea. Just for the novelty? I don't see any real functional use for that over a trans temp gauge. Not that I'm against useless but cool tricks.

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts are ordered for color changing needles! Also just to be clear: this will only be for the 99-02 clusters (yes '99 included) that use the air-core motors (We the forgotten ones still out there). And obviously to achieve this effect, you will have to use the white needles, but you will be able to illuminate them at any time day/night anyway and change the brightness. And on top of all that: they will all be able to change to any color and setting totally seperate from each other! Example: you can have 1 bright blue tach needle, a dim yellow speedo, green fuel, etc. I'm gonna jump on this as soon as they get here fellas. In the meantime... back to finishing the rest of what I've created. I had no idea this would take so long to get right. I'm gonna call it Project Pandora's Box :)
Hell yes sign me up ! Finally someone out there representing the older 99-02 the forgotten ones.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna show you after I do it. No need to spoil it. Plus there's more cluster shops out there than I thought. Can't be handing out these ideas for free. I'm still finishing up on mine and a few other clusters before I show you. I don't wanna half ass this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmikem01