'02 Tahoe custom cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud! Well... as a matter of fact, I'm about to have one out of a 2005 in the next few days! I'm guessing color changing needles are in demand for those as well?

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news for 03-06 guys: judging by the look of it after opening my 05 cluster to check fitment, the LED needle illumination kit I just put together for the 99-02 clusters looks like it's gonna work for the 03-06 clusters as well!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More good news! The part came in I was waiting for to make the LEDs for the needles actually change color mid-sweep! (Instead of having to leave one RGBIC LED on that color) Now, let me explain: when the needle sweeps to a set point on the gauge, a seperate LED (for most people it will be red, but it can be any color only chosen once) will illuminate and therefore changing the needle color. The LEDs already illuminating the needles won't be affected. For me obviously I want bright red so as to signify warning or danger (I don't wanna get a heavy foot and blow the welds on the intake :) I haven't fully assembled and tested it inside the cluster yet, but part does work exactly like I wanted when bench tested. But... downside is it's looking like I will have to make a small hole (about the size for the needle stop peg holes) in the overlay for the sensor so it can read the needle position. Not a big deal for me

Dreaming here, but picture when the needle hits 100MPH, the DIC flashes a message saying "WARNING!! DANGER TO MANIFOLD"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC