'02 Tahoe custom cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go! Now, I already know it's not 100% perfect. There's still a touch of color bleed I've been trying to tackle without taking it all apart again. And before anyone asks: I haven't had the time to engineer color changing rgb leds for the needles yet (next cluster!) but, the tach and speedo needles do change to red at 3/4 of their sweep! Yes that's really all for show. Do we really need to watch the tach to make sure we don't rev too high and damage the motor? No. Do you really need a red indicator needle to know you're going 90+mph? No. But it looks badass!!! I'm open for input. Criticism, approval, ideas to improve, etc
52DFF5D1-F42B-4D66-9F9E-1463E21B8BD9.jpeg

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm just playing around with different looks. How about those led stop pegs for the tach and speedo?
01CECF63-B06A-4AEE-A84E-216FB1BFA251.jpeg
16F356D5-5232-4151-B8CE-831CA7A94494.jpeg
And this is the old overlay I'm using for experimenting til I'm done so I don't dirty up the new one.
1DADEE65-DE7B-4CE7-8FF6-38665A36D456.jpeg
The guts. Yes I know... 1 led burned out I need to replace on the oil pressure area (btw dont use a metal pick on live led strips lol)

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: Has anybody seen or heard of an overlay with either the odometer section cut out of it or clear (instead of aqua or blue color already made into it)?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: Has anybody seen or heard of an overlay with either the odometer section cut out of it or clear (instead of aqua or blue color already made into it)?
No. Also, as I’m sure you know by now, there’s not much in the way of overlays (or any options ) for the 99-02 clusters.

OP
OP
Electrician

Electrician

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Also, as I’m sure you know by now, there’s not much in the way of overlays (or any options ) for the 99-02 clusters.
No doubt. Even US Speedo's present listed selections aren't what they used to be. I called about a few of the ones that are popular for the 03-06 clusters and are supposed to be available for the 99-02, but not so much. He had 2 in the back with blimishes on both that he tried to sell me at a discount. It's almost like we just get leftover inventory. Honestly tho, for what I'm planning for in my next cluster (after I finally finish this one)...

an overlay is hardly needed at all anyway.