02 Base for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
It is. The HDs have a factory "body lift". That's why they have the filler panel above the bumper and below the grille. It's something like a 1.25"-1.5" lift.

Did this make any difference?

These work pretty well for pushing in those locking barbs through the windows in the female side and while doing so while reaching over the top of a fuel tank. Of course, buildup and corrosion still make it a PITA, but it pushed them a lot more than that collar flexing:

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-pie...g_auKEWrjOH-nrsdJn__kFj8swsVw1OhoC96YQAvD_BwE

New wheels look good! With no rash, bends or cracks, you did good for $800 with a fresh finish and good tires.

Same to you and yours! Find some time to rest!
Actually, yes, I can still hear the ABS pump do it’s self diagnosis but it doesn’t apply the brakes anymore. I ohm tested each coil and they were all good. I believe 2 were the same at 2.8 ohm and the others were 5.3 ohm so that lead me to believe that the coils were good but I didn’t see anything to clearly say I found the issue. Just cleaned up the solders and hit them all again with new solder. It did something so I’m gonna put that in the “win” category for now.

And I do have a set of them pliers but I couldn’t push the plastic tabs down because of the rust build up under the tabs. It was more of pry the fitting over the tabs with a small pick and then rip the plastic retaining clip out from under the fitting to get the fuel line off. Sucked with the limited space I had to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're doing very well, considering that you're probably averaging less than 3-4 hours sleep per night. It will be worth it, though, when you get the work done and settle in.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Bought 2 brand new tires, again, and got them on the new to me wheels along with the 2 that didn’t get damaged off the KMC wheels. Put them on her Esky and told her if she breaks these, she’s walking.
f955f2ac85f21e53896a40b1103abc07.jpg

So that means I got my wheels back in one piece. It really sucks only having a 2-1/2 car garage and with the way lumber prices skyrocketed, I won’t be adding on to this one this year. And it’s not heated so I either have to run the torpedo heater or just dress accordingly. I definitely went backwards in the garage department.
98b7b287b2862b368b76a6184337fe80.jpg

I already miss it. 3b2e3d8b97f6d6df5bd698cdd81abdc6.jpg

So this winter sucked ass. We only made it up 4 times and they weren’t ideal conditions. This weekend it was -25° for a high and we saw -32° while out riding. Kids handled it better than I thought they would but we made sure they had all the right gear and heated shields.

5a7dc5839eb1565589558e944ec6f03d.jpg
eb7ee291e678e189656f051c19642e9d.jpg

2 weeks later I went up with Jess and it was in the 40’s and everything was melting fast.
0a9598d930251650ad68ce0eeb52bfc2.jpg

We made the most of it. I was riding in jeans and a light jacket that weekend. And I can report, I’m finally done riding with passengers. I made Jess ride her own all weekend and she enjoyed it. Said she still wants to ride with me if we are going to go bar hopping because she doesn’t have to worry about driving. I just said ok, but that’s what we do every time we are out riding. We ride until we are ready for a break or need a warm up and then go to the next bar but whatever.
7dae5e10e91f369b2bd66c8ff8973c1e.jpg

The third day we were up, I was out in snowmobile garage putting on my tunnel flares and doing some maintenance and she sends me this pic trying to lure me inside. No thank you! She got pregnant with Julianna in Wisconsin and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna fall for............. yeah, I went in. What!? I’m still a guy!
ac7c639a3f2027551b79abaaecce18cf.jpg

By the end of the weekend I had all the sleds tucked away for the summer. Still need to do some maintenance on them when I get time. Didn’t get barely anything on for miles this year. I think it’s time to buy a side by side. Looking at the Yamaha YXZ 1000.
32d7da08958d8a04875623b3fb7c5428.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
On a side note, Jess’ mom got a new ride for her 60th a few weeks ago. John, Jess’ step dad gets Cyndi a new mustang every couple years. So we had a surprise party for her at a restaurant called Tazzas and who do I see walk in? Tony, John’s contact at Ford whom he buys all his vehicles from.

Real quick, in 2017 John brings home a brand new mustang for her. Same color as she always wants and it’s an eco boost. She hated it. It doesn’t sound like her GT. It doesn’t shift right, it’s not her GT and she wants her GT back. So 8 days after bringing it home he takes it back and shows up with a new GT, in the same color of course.

That’s an important part of the story because I see Tony and John grabs Cyndi and they head toward the door. “Oh boy! John got your mom a new mustang again”, I tell Jess. So I get up to go bust their ass about their crappy Fords and smack talk her new car like I always do. This is what is waiting for her.

726f9404a0fbd5e2054706dfd9ce8620.jpg
e7b8fbdef1d0d7e6576a16d24132926d.jpg
7fe5d381f51b35cb17715d36ab43cf04.jpg

So the smart ass I am, I’m out there, “start it up Cyndi, I wanna hear how it sounds!”
“Where’s the tail pipe!”
“What do you mean there’s no engine? What the hell is a frunk?” (Front trunk)

I don’t know exactly who he had to blow to get this thing. The color she wanted like every other stang she gets, every available option, 4 wheel drive and the extended range batteries. I was shocked to learn a lot about this new Mach E. This thing does have a lot of technology in it. I asked Tony how John pulled it off and he said he didn’t know. Said John sat down with the owner of the dealership with a rep from Ford on a conference call. They didn’t even know how to plate it. Cyndi has vanity plates that get transferred from one stang to the next but this being electric, the plates have EL at the end. But somehow she’s still running her vanity plate until they figure it out.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
On a side note, Jess’ mom got a new ride for her 60th a few weeks ago. John, Jess’ step dad gets Cyndi a new mustang every couple years. So we had a surprise party for her at a restaurant called Tazzas and who do I see walk in? Tony, John’s contact at Ford whom he buys all his vehicles from.

Real quick, in 2017 John brings home a brand new mustang for her. Same color as she always wants and it’s an eco boost. She hated it. It doesn’t sound like her GT. It doesn’t shift right, it’s not her GT and she wants her GT back. So 8 days after bringing it home he takes it back and shows up with a new GT, in the same color of course.

That’s an important part of the story because I see Tony and John grabs Cyndi and they head toward the door. “Oh boy! John got your mom a new mustang again”, I tell Jess. So I get up to go bust their ass about their crappy Fords and smack talk her new car like I always do. This is what is waiting for her.

726f9404a0fbd5e2054706dfd9ce8620.jpg
e7b8fbdef1d0d7e6576a16d24132926d.jpg
7fe5d381f51b35cb17715d36ab43cf04.jpg

So the smart ass I am, I’m out there, “start it up Cyndi, I wanna hear how it sounds!”
“Where’s the tail pipe!”
“What do you mean there’s no engine? What the hell is a frunk?” (Front trunk)

I don’t know exactly who he had to blow to get this thing. The color she wanted like every other stang she gets, every available option, 4 wheel drive and the extended range batteries. I was shocked to learn a lot about this new Mach E. This thing does have a lot of technology in it. I asked Tony how John pulled it off and he said he didn’t know. Said John sat down with the owner of the dealership with a rep from Ford on a conference call. They didn’t even know how to plate it. Cyndi has vanity plates that get transferred from one stang to the next but this being electric, the plates have EL at the end. But somehow she’s still running her vanity plate until they figure it out.

WTH IS THAT?? I thought it was a Tesla lol. I guess she's keeping it? Looks so strange.
Btw--pic of your wife made me LOL in a waiting room!!

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
WTH IS THAT?? I thought it was a Tesla lol. I guess she's keeping it? Looks so strange.
Btw--pic of your wife made me LOL in a waiting room!!
Brand new Mustang Mach E electric car. They should have used the Pinto name. Or even an Escape Mach E. But a 4 door SUV called a Mustang? Just wrong.
And she loves it.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Wanted to see if I could cut and polish out the scratches on the hood. I’ve been meaning to do this for some time now. Those car washes that aren’t touch-less really do a number on your paint. I wash the crap out of my vehicles, especially in the winter.
First, I just wanted to do a test to see if the scratches could be buffed out.
F46919D8-F0DF-4E3E-BC10-9BE1CBA7B94B.jpeg
Not really! It helped but didn’t do anything for the scratches. You can see how much it brought the color back! Damn it, now I gotta keep going.
5E56904D-3343-4EC3-90C0-158360F9E1C2.jpeg

At this point I’m not even gonna polish. Cutting helped but didn’t help the scratches. I’m gonna have to wet sand the entire hood and then polish it out. As long as I don’t get into color while sanding, I should be ok. If I hit color, then I’ll have to just do a full repaint on hood. I should have enough base and clear if I have to go that way. Prefer not.
8738071A-EEBD-470F-A004-4CA3AD87256A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy