02 Base for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not much of an update, I’ve been a little busy trying to light a fire under my parent’s ass’ getting them moved. They want to go thru every little thing and can’t decide what they want to keep, sell or throw away. I’m dragging my trailer over there on Saturday and my brother and I are loading everything we can to get them going. I told them, I have to get them moved so I can get a few things done to their house before I can start moving into it. Then after that I have to get some things finished on my house before I can sell it. Snowmobile season is coming up fast and I’ll be damned I’m gonna miss any time because they want to drag their feet. They didn’t like me being a ***** too much but I’m not one to sugarcoat things and since I technically own the house now, I can evict them and their shit! Lol

So here is what I managed to get done.
090a63f9c2b0bb253abb818ba8120090.jpg
1104b60971b2510128ef47e7454cb6a6.jpg

Stainless lines are on the axle along with the 3 hoses, one on each caliper and the center one going up to hard line. I started dropping the fuel tank to get the rear line replaced and I also have the lines off the ABS module.

I’ve been working until 3pm and then moving from 3:30-9pm. This is gonna be my life for the next 2 months at least. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sux, but in the end it'll all be worth it. Fo Sho!

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I’ve loaded and unloaded this trailer twice now. Loading it again 2mrw which hopefully will be the last time. So time consuming packing everything at my parents when they want to see everything, reminisce about it and can’t make up their mind if they need it or not. You haven’t seen this shit in 30 years what do you need it for? I keep telling them, you want to keep all this shit to store it so I can throw it away when you guys croak? Pitch the shit now and live simple and clutter free! My mom broke down 4 times already crying because my brother and I are “rude and inconsiderate”. No, we tell it like it is and don’t sugar coat anything.
Perfect example, there are a couple small chairs that were in the basement, looked like a souvenir straight from Chernobyl, mom asked my brother where he was taking that. He said it’s garbage! No it’s not, I’m leaving that here for Jim so Julianna can use it. Randy says, hey Jim, mom said she’s giving you this chair for Julianna, where do you want it. I said oh ok, put it next to the garbage cans with the rest of the garbage. She says we are both assholes. Mom, you gave it to me. I can do anything I want with it right? What are you an Indian giver now?
I know, we’re ******. But we both work all day and then go rummage thru their shit until late night to just wash rinse and repeat. I understand it’s overwhelming and tiring for my parents at 70 too but we are doing all the heavy lifting and without him and I there pushing them, this would be a year long process. Mom calls Randy Hitler and I ask so who does that make me? Your just a f-ing *****. Love you too mom, and your welcome!
This is just a nightmare. After the political arguments with my old man, making mom cry daily if somehow we make it through thanksgiving I doubt anyone will show up for Christmas.
ccec96f840554e4127333a6c78cfdae5.jpg

9b96c4d9dcc30e16c4dd2e3be390776c.jpg

2569d951f0093ed941964d5380611a2c.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ve loaded and unloaded this trailer twice now. Loading it again 2mrw which hopefully will be the last time. So time consuming packing everything at my parents when they want to see everything, reminisce about it and can’t make up their mind if they need it or not. You haven’t seen this shit in 30 years what do you need it for? I keep telling them, you want to keep all this shit to store it so I can throw it away when you guys croak? Pitch the shit now and live simple and clutter free! My mom broke down 4 times already crying because my brother and I are “rude and inconsiderate”. No, we tell it like it is and don’t sugar coat anything.
Perfect example, there are a couple small chairs that were in the basement, looked like a souvenir straight from Chernobyl, mom asked my brother where he was taking that. He said it’s garbage! No it’s not, I’m leaving that here for Jim so Julianna can use it. Randy says, hey Jim, mom said she’s giving you this chair for Julianna, where do you want it. I said oh ok, put it next to the garbage cans with the rest of the garbage. She says we are both assholes. Mom, you gave it to me. I can do anything I want with it right? What are you an Indian giver now?
I know, we’re ******. But we both work all day and then go rummage thru their shit until late night to just wash rinse and repeat. I understand it’s overwhelming and tiring for my parents at 70 too but we are doing all the heavy lifting and without him and I there pushing them, this would be a year long process. Mom calls Randy Hitler and I ask so who does that make me? Your just a f-ing *****. Love you too mom, and your welcome!
This is just a nightmare. After the political arguments with my old man, making mom cry daily if somehow we make it through thanksgiving I doubt anyone will show up for Christmas.

Ah yes....family.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nah, I get it jim. Me and my 2 brothers had to do the same a few years after my mother died and my dad sold the house back in 00-01.....30 years of shit into a few 40 yard dumpsters in a week. Not being a dick but the only thing that made it easy was the old man didn’t want to see it and my mom wasn’t there to see what we ******* tossed. Good luck buddy

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have to say that one day when your parents are gone you’ll wish you had handled this better. I know how hard it is but this might be the last memory you have of any real time together and these memories will last the rest of your life. It might not be that long for them, but for you and your brother it will be forever. I hope when it’s your time to need help like this, your own kids will treat you with respect and kid gloves. My mom passed before my dad. I really loved her, dad not so much. But I did spend some time with him before he passed and got to understand him a bit better and I’m glad I did. All I’m saying is memories last forever. The chore you’ve been asked to do won’t.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that, with a mother-in-law with Alzheimer's. IMO, you are correct in your assessment of throw it out now, or throw it out later. The negative experience was so intense, that my wife and I have been purging our own junk ever since, so that our children do not end up having to purge our junk in the future.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely a difficult process. We
Just had my wife’s grandmother move in after her son (wife’s uncle Keith -awesome guy) passed away. Keith was grandma’s caretaker, after her husband passed in 2004. Thankfully, wife’s mother and some family friends sorted through, and sold the vast majority of the stuff they had accumulated in the house since they bought it in 1969. We still ended up with a lot of stuff that never should’ve made the trip from California to Colorado, but not too bad. I understand your frustration, but I also agree with Mark. You definitely need to have some good times with them ASAP, after all this is done. You never know how long any of us have. We’ve lost 3 family members and one family friend this year, and I very much regret not making more time for all of them.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mom isn’t at that age yet. But the house she had been renting for 7 years got sold so she had to move. Ended up buying a house but my sister and I had to go through and make my mom down size. @Snowbound I know what you’re going through. It was so frustrating trying to get her to get rid of so much extra stuff she just doesn’t need. We had many a days of family arguments and frustrations. And now three months later my landlord is selling her house across the street and downsizing and taking my apartment so I have to go through the whole process all over again. I’m trying to keep the process of packing my place up and moving somewhat low key and keep the frustration out of it. Lol. But it’s not easy..... I feel your pain...

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I have to say that one day when your parents are gone you’ll wish you had handled this better. I know how hard it is but this might be the last memory you have of any real time together and these memories will last the rest of your life. It might not be that long for them, but for you and your brother it will be forever. I hope when it’s your time to need help like this, your own kids will treat you with respect and kid gloves. My mom passed before my dad. I really loved her, dad not so much. But I did spend some time with him before he passed and got to understand him a bit better and I’m glad I did. All I’m saying is memories last forever. The chore you’ve been asked to do won’t.
That is very true and don’t think I don’t have this in the back of my mind. My brother and I are just realists. We know this has to get done, we just want it done in a reasonable amount of time and once this is behind us, I know my parents will feel so much better and will be glad we were there to push them through it. But I hear what your saying and I appreciate being put in check like that. Sometimes I take it for granted that I still have my parents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon