Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When don't they?

I have realized this is nothing like my OBS coil/shock - leaf suspension. Even with the flip and notching the frame for the flip and every cross member to clearance the driveshaft, that was a cake walk compared to my NNBS linked rear and cutting the free travel mod haha.

I'm about to head back out there once it warms up a little bit :)

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A sawzall makes the free travel mod a lot easier. I’ve done it with a torch, cutting wheel, and sawzall and it was the best.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep a Sawzall and about 6 blades, don't run out of sharp blades. And be extra careful around the gas tank.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I procrastinated just a little bit, haha. Heading out now:)

Oh and thanks guys, I went to Lowes last night to stock up on some blades. Got 3 different kinds, one is a carbide tip for heavy metal, one is for thick and one is for thin metal.

I'll be back

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sawzall makes the free travel mod a lot easier. I’ve done it with a torch, cutting wheel, and sawzall and it was the best.

A cut-of wheel is my scalpel. You think a Sawzall is better for this particular use? I know that not having the sparks is a plus. I'll have to look at the bracket but I may try the Sawzall when I get to my drop.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after looking at the brackets. I used a cut off wheel to make the outside cut and used the sawzall to reach through for the inside.

These are the blades I got. I used one carbide blade with plenty left over.

I just wish I could say the same for my gas tank though:eek:, this blade cut through it very easily, so easy that I cut through the tank, yay. Its about 1/16th thick by maybe 1/4 long. Hey, anyone got a light?

I'm looking now at repairs for plastic gas tanks. Seems pretty simple but they all say to empty the tank, huh that's funny because I just filled up the other day, awesome.

Sometimes I feel if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Well, back out there to finish this up :)

blades.jpg

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I I I I I I I I have nothing, I was on a roll and screwed up. Its a small hole though :)

EDIT:::::: after further inspection and removing the drivers side bump stop, its has only grazed the tank. Nothing a little epoxy can fill : Fewwwwww :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar