My turn at front end rebuild...2013 Escalade ESV AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and scroll to the suspension section. You will find exploded parts diagrams which will identify part numbers.

Reaction score
I used the MOOG CK series components when I did mine and they all came with castle nuts/pins (upper/lower arms and tie rods)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1705167404216.png

Many of these parts will translate over to your Cadillac. ACDelco has the upper control arm/alignment parts.

If you mix and match brands you are going to lose the ride. We had a fella on here a few years ago who rebuilt his suspension with all kinds of different brands and complained and complained about how bad his truck rode. My Yukon has the basic dumb suspension and seventeen inch wheels and she rides like a Cadillac with a little weight on.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and scroll to the suspension section. You will find exploded parts diagrams which will identify part numbers.
Thanks! Unfortunately, that did not show the nuts themselves. I will keep digging.

I used the MOOG CK series components when I did mine and they all came with castle nuts/pins (upper/lower arms and tie rods)
Thanks! The GM control arms I am looking at use the OEM ball joints with the threaded stud. The nut is a torque to yield type of nut, at least according to the service manual. No provision for a cotter pin and castle nut.

View attachment 418748

Many of these parts will translate over to your Cadillac. ACDelco has the upper control arm/alignment parts.

If you mix and match brands you are going to lose the ride. We had a fella on here a few years ago who rebuilt his suspension with all kinds of different brands and complained and complained about how bad his truck rode. My Yukon has the basic dumb suspension and seventeen inch wheels and she rides like a Cadillac with a little weight on.
Thanks! My plan is to go all GM, with the exception of the Moog alignment cams.

Reaction score
Thanks! The GM control arms I am looking at use the OEM ball joints with the threaded stud. The nut is a torque to yield type of nut, at least according to the service manual. No provision for a cotter pin and castle nut.
The OE control arms I took off were like that, torque to yield type with no cotter pin

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright...I am stepping back to think for a moment. I am suffering sticker shock. I am looking at $3000 in parts, including shipping.
Not sure I am ready for that big a bite right now.

Will be back after I have thought about this, and had a good hard look at exactly what my Escalade needs. Specifically talking about hardware and such.

I had been considering doing the 2019 PPV 16" front brake rotor and 6-piston caliper upgrade at the same time as the front end rebuild. Around $1300 in parts.
This blows that out of the water now...

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stewed on this for a couple of days. And decided I am not going to take the plunge right now. Right now, the front end on my Escalade is tight. I am going to purchase all the rebuild parts over the next several months. And address it likely in the fall.

For now, I pulled the trigger and spent $1300 on the big brake upgrade. I will create a thread to document that.

Back to this one in due time...

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
No biggie. I’ve had two years+ go by since I completed the purchase for all the parts in my CTS-V front brake swap. I had to buy the parts for it in bites. Kids, inflation, 6L80 taking a dump, I’ll still take it as a win with a vacation built in.

Knock on wood, that pause allowed me to stumble into process for updating to aluminum parts and the time to source those parts at 70% less. Most of the OEM parts are made overseas so I had no problem knowingly buying them from overseas manufacturers.

Assuming no other hiccups occur I’ll be able to do the front end refresh in the couple months and be the Guinea pig for mixing OEM and aftermarket parts. I may be in for a new rack too.

Compared to my 02 Audi allroad 6MT wagon, the Esky is a frog’n deal to operate and maintain. Just eat it like an elephant, a bite at a time.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the advice!

I am going to do the front brake upgrade now, because it makes me happy. And will start putting together the front suspension parts over time. This will let me review my parts choices as well. Make sure my dollar is best spent on the best part.

I have not worked on an Audi, but I know that my Porsche 928 is a completely different animal, and requires far more patience on my part to work on. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019