Why is it so impossible to get a gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into bulkhead fittings. May need a tube or a check valve on the inside to keep fuel from coming out, but I'd be willing to bed you could plastic weld the old fitting shut and put a bulkhead fitting back beside it.

Doubt either mechanic is willing to do that - that would be an at home job. Just a thought.
From my understanding the factory piece is 2 separate pieces if it’s those small nipples so if I am careful i can retain the top piece and tap in a fitting

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A workshop would make a so-called exclusion of liability when installing a used tank here in Germany and that wouldn't be a problem.

This has to work in the USA too. Or am i naiv?
They don’t mind installing a used tank but the problem is that a fuel tank that’s used costs almost as much as this never used one i found does

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t mind installing a used tank but the problem is that a fuel tank that’s used costs almost as much as this never used one i found does
Also the fact that it seems pretty repairable

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used, it should cost no more than a third, otherwise I would also install a new one.
The used ones unless you get lucky run about $300-400 plus shipping the new one is $392.70 + $300 freight shipping and tax

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used, it should cost no more than a third, otherwise I would also install a new one.
They’re saying mine is broken by age not wear and tear so that means if they install it they may break the fragile plastic

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Puzzle code in my head to possibly repair the factory tank I’m thinking of cutting the factory leaking barb with a dremel and tapping a new barb with pipe dope into the old ones place.
IMG_7849.jpeg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking something like this but a much much cleaner job and it being on a extremely low pressure system.
IMG_7850.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts