Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned out great and just in time for the new year! Good job man

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Seriously, right in time for the new year haha.

Random question. I got my alignment today and its off by almost a degree. With the research I have done and people I had talk to this should not have happened.
The tech suggested I either lift it or find new shorter arms.
This tells me the alignment bushings were not necessary.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be true. I have never used the bushings unless I go past 4”. To me tho they wouldn’t throw it that far out

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I want to say thank you to everyone for there help and info. Its definitely appreciated.

My biggest issues were not having the hardware for the lower link adapter brackets and the drivers side sway bar bracket was more or less impossible to get the bolt in that was supposed to be drilled out. There is no way that was going to happen. I'm going to get back under there and drill it out through the bracket and get a longer bolt for it to work.

Took it around the block a few times, went over a nice section of smooth bumps and it settled down nicely. Actually the passenger side may not have been as tight as I thought, it needs to be adjusted. You might be able to see it in the pictures. It makes a little noise to.

Two random questions.
1. Its idling rather high after sitting since Thursday. Why would this be?
2. The ABS light is on. I'm just going to assume its a sensor, maybe lose or pulled out. Thoughts?

I think it looks great, very pleased with the outcome. Everything else is minor.
Now I need to whip out my DA polisher and maker look purdy. Should be easier now with her being so low hahaha. I also took some dimensions for my exhaust build while I was under there.

Well, I'm pooped again. Gonna go put my feet up and enjoy the next two days off :)
I'll be back

Thanks again guys

View attachment 189717 View attachment 189718

Very nice. Much better!

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be true. I have never used the bushings unless I go past 4”. To me tho they wouldn’t throw it that far out

I thought the bushings were recommended to 4" and cam plates with bushings for 4+. Maybe I just misunderstood.
I may just bite the bullet and grab another set of MOOG arms to keep in spec.

Very nice. Much better!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Every time I walk out and see it, I smile and say "man, that looks good" haha

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question. I got my alignment today and its off by almost a degree. With the research I have done and people I had talk to this should not have happened.
The tech suggested I either lift it or find new shorter arms.
This tells me the alignment bushings were not necessary.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks

I was afraid those bushings would over-compensate.

Just like the Belltech alignment cams provide more positive camber adjustment, is there a way to modify the stock cams or whatever to get more negative adjustment?

Maybe a member here (or on another forum) is going really low and could use the alignment bushings- y'all could work out a sale or trade and you get a stock setup.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid those bushings would over-compensate.

Just like the Belltech alignment cams provide more positive camber adjustment, is there a way to modify the stock cams or whatever to get more negative adjustment?

Maybe a member here (or on another forum) is going really low and could use the alignment bushings- y'all could work out a sale or trade and you get a stock setup.

They were recommended from a member for a 4" drop.

I have the cam plates to but did not install them. The process was a little too involved for this time around, haha.

Well, I may end up getting another set and putting these in the shed. I guess if I decide to go lower I can always swap them out. Though the height is sittin pretty good right now. Maybe selling them would be the better thing to do. I have a hard time letting things go :)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were recommended from a member for a 4" drop.

I have the cam plates to but did not install them. The process was a little too involved for this time around, haha.

Well, I may end up getting another set and putting these in the shed. I guess if I decide to go lower I can always swap them out. Though the height is sittin pretty good right now. Maybe selling them would be the better thing to do. I have a hard time letting things go :)

But the only real drop that the suspension is seeing is the 2 inches from the lowered coil perches. 2" of your 4" drop is from the spindles and that doesn't alter those geometries like shorter (or relocated) coils do. A 2" coil drop isn't enough to require so much camber correction. I believe most align out their 2" coil drops with the stock cams. Or maybe they get close. If they don't align it out, it's at least close enough that it doesn't need much and that's where the Belltech cams are used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts