Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I I I I I I I I have nothing, I was on a roll and screwed up. Its a small hole though :)

EDIT:::::: after further inspection and removing the drivers side bump stop, its has only grazed the tank. Nothing a little epoxy can fill : Fewwwwww :)
Sweet!

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DJM rk2007 kit is missing 2 bolts, this is turning into a real pita.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tank needs to be airtight. If you have any doubts, clean the wound and pack some JB weld in there. They have a plastic version, too. There aren't many epoxies that will bond to the HDPE that the tank is made of, much less gasoline/oil resistant. If you start getting EVAP codes, check that cut first.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tank needs to be airtight. If you have any doubts, clean the wound and pack some JB weld in there. They have a plastic version, too. There aren't many epoxies that will bond to the HDPE that the tank is made of, much less gasoline/oil resistant. If you start getting EVAP codes, check that cut first.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info.
That is the first thing I'm going to do when I finish this.
IF I finish.
I'm missing 4 bolt and 2 lock washers from DJMs kit.
I have to be honest about it, the kits is more or less thrown in a box and has the most vague set of instruction I have seen never mind the lube pack exploded all over every nut and bolt. Its a mess.
My wife just got home so I'm going to run to Lowe's to get some more hardware, yay

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The DJM rk2007 kit is missing 2 bolts, this is turning into a real pita.
Which ones? Do you have the install instructions, because I don't think they include them. The upper bolts on the endlinks use the factory hardware BTW. Here's the instructions for the 2000-06 kit, it's the same I think.

Attachments

• RK2000.pdf
    636.1 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which ones? Do you have the install instructions, because I don't think they include them. The upper bolts on the endlinks use the factory hardware BTW. Here's the instructions for the 2000-06 kit, it's the same I think.

It was actually missing 4 bolts and 2 lock washers.
Here's the instructions = http://djmsuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/RK2007v2.pdf
The factory bolts are too short. I was missing the 4 bolts that the factory bolt should've been used for. Fig#2 in the instructions. If they made it to fit inside the factory bracket the factory bolt would've worked great. Or, they could've included a longer bolt instead of using 2 smaller bolts.

I need to drop the rear and remove the coils as they are making everything bind. Once they're out, it should be smooth sailing :)
I'm praying the car g-ds that I'll have it all wrapped up tomorrow.
I need more jack stands and a decent cordless impact. What do you guys use? Mine is a giant Milwaukee electric beast.
I'm done the for the day, I'm pooped.
I appreciate everyone's help and input

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I want to say thank you to everyone for there help and info. Its definitely appreciated.

My biggest issues were not having the hardware for the lower link adapter brackets and the drivers side sway bar bracket was more or less impossible to get the bolt in that was supposed to be drilled out. There is no way that was going to happen. I'm going to get back under there and drill it out through the bracket and get a longer bolt for it to work.

Took it around the block a few times, went over a nice section of smooth bumps and it settled down nicely. Actually the passenger side may not have been as tight as I thought, it needs to be adjusted. You might be able to see it in the pictures. It makes a little noise to.

Two random questions.
1. Its idling rather high after sitting since Thursday. Why would this be?
2. The ABS light is on. I'm just going to assume its a sensor, maybe lose or pulled out. Thoughts?

I think it looks great, very pleased with the outcome. Everything else is minor.
Now I need to whip out my DA polisher and maker look purdy. Should be easier now with her being so low hahaha. I also took some dimensions for my exhaust build while I was under there.

Well, I'm pooped again. Gonna go put my feet up and enjoy the next two days off :)
I'll be back

Thanks again guys

new front suspension-3.jpg new front suspension-4.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplug your abs sensors and plug back in, maybe something not fully seated or you pinch a wire somewhere.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I'll check them tomorrow along with tighten up my passenger upper arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11