Z71: From lowered to stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I purchased a Z71 and didn't realize it but it has a lowering kit on it. I am researching putting it back to stock height but I wanted to see if you guys can tell me what kind of lowering components might have been used to lower it.

So far all I can tell is that the rear springs are blue and probably lowering springs, there are no rear shock lowering brackets so the rear shocks mounts are stock. I looked up front and the front shocks are red. I cannot tell if there are lowering knuckles.

Here I have attached a picture of my white lowered Tahoe on 20 inch wheels as well as a stock z71 with 20 inch wheels for reference.

20200227_174744.jpg Screenshot_20200313-233601_Facebook.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hey guys I purchased a Z71 and didn't realize it but it has a lowering kit on it. I am researching putting it back to stock height but I wanted to see if you guys can tell me what kind of lowering components might have been used to lower it.

So far all I can tell is that the rear springs are blue and probably lowering springs, there are no rear shock lowering brackets so the rear shocks mounts are stock. I looked up front and the front shocks are red. I cannot tell if there are lowering knuckles.

Here I have attached a picture of my white lowered Tahoe on 20 inch wheels as well as a stock z71 with 20 inch wheels for reference.

View attachment 242584 View attachment 242585

Some pics of the suspension would be the easiest way to tell you what's going on with it.

There are too many options for lowering these trucks to give you a definitive answer without seeing the undercarriage.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of wheels off and looking at suspension would help! swapping these trucks are stupid easy! My DenaliXL has a 4.5 inch lift and 35s last week now is 4/6 drop on 22s super easy

View attachment 242617 View attachment 242618
I will take pictures when the weather clears up. Did you have to swap your steering knuckles? I'm guessing that will be the most expensive part of swapping back to stock.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Z71s have Rancho shocks all around and they are Red/Orange. Springs are GM and black.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The white Tahoe just looks like the rear was dropped to be level with the front to me. The black Tahoe definitely looks lifted, they do not have that much fender gap stock.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71s have Rancho shocks all around and they are Red/Orange. Springs are GM and black.
@swathdiver The front shocks are orange\red but the back ones are black. Front springs are black and the rear are blue. I have been meaning to get pictures for you guys but it has been raining all week.