Z71 and no 6.2 engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why again are they selling the Z71 trim and the 6.2 is not an option? Can someone explain the reasoning behind this? If it is marketed as a off road vehicle, wouldnt you want a more powerful engine possibly? Why does the high country need it?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so they can sell a "performance" option for a performance price without them spending the overhead of the performance price. alot of mfg sell a performance "trim" option thats literally just trim.

LDMoore

Reaction score
The Z71 is not an off road specific vehicle. It's an optional package that adds different wheels and tires, different shocks, a couple skid plates and some styling differences mainly. A lot of people expect it to be close or equivalent to a Raptor or even a Rebel and it's not.

The Tahoe/Suburban is already capable off road and the Z71 just adds a few helpful goodies. It's not meant for serious off reading so the 6.2 isn't necessary.

Although it would be nice!!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71 is not an off road specific vehicle. It's an optional package that adds different wheels and tires, different shocks, a couple skid plates and some styling differences mainly. A lot of people expect it to be close or equivalent to a Raptor or even a Rebel and it's not.

The Tahoe/Suburban is already capable off road and the Z71 just adds a few helpful goodies. It's not meant for serious off reading so the 6.2 isn't necessary.

Although it would be nice!!

What do you mean, it's got Rancho shocks! LOL

The Raptor is a beast and in a class of its own. Aside from that they are very capable off road which we've tested time and again ours is not even a Z71, just a plain old 4x4.

LDMoore

Reaction score
What do you mean, it's got Rancho shocks! LOL

The Raptor is a beast and in a class of its own. Aside from that they are very capable off road which we've tested time and again ours is not even a Z71, just a plain old 4x4.
Lol true dat! I think these vehicles are pretty underrated off road.

From what I've read though it seems they've stepped up their game with the 2021s. And if the new diesel is offered in the off road trims then torque will be the last thing to complain about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157