z120bt in 09 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Like an idiot, I already removed the mute wire from the harness and moved it one place over. I guess I need to find an extra wire to put into the original mute spot on the harness and connect it to the brown OS-4 wire in order to allow the HU to mute when making calls.

OP
OP
P

ptwat

Reaction score
It will kinda work without a "mute in" on the HU. Again, you would need to leave the brown loop intact, but the OS4 cuts power to the HU instead of muting it.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've cut the brown loop because I don't want the HU to turn off everytime I make or receive a call. I've read on some other forums where people have had success with the bypass and the auto-mute option just by moving the mute wire over one spot on the white Pioneer harness. I may just have to try it and see if it works.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried the install today. Had everything hooked up correctly, and when I turned the car on, the PAC-OS4 started smoking and burning. I immediately turned the car off and disconnected everything. I took the PAC-OS4 apart and looked at the circuit board, but everything looked alright. I tried to connect everything again and turned the car back on, but the HU never got any power. Fail.

Any ideas on why the OS-4 would start smoking?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah bud you wired oneof the wire from the OS4 to the Pioneer unit wrong, which is what caused our smoking, but I have no clue which wire it was because i'm no there to see it in person.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea which wire it is either. Could it be the ground? I'm sure I've got all the speaker wires and speed sensor, reverse, etc. all set up correctly. Do you think the OS-4 is ruined now? Could I still use it?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I bet it is ruined so you can try returning it and getting another one. And I doubt its the ground wire that caused such.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the only thing I can think of is the bypass. I grounded the parking brake wire and the yellow mute wire. That's the way it's done right? Everything else is hooked up correctly.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I used a relay for my bypass so i'm not sure if what you did works or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanholloway