Yukon 2500 Sagging in the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsmwookie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed that the rear drops down a good bit more than I d hoped for in my 2500. What are my options to level the ass end out.

Some suggestions friends have given are to use 1 ton leaf springs, an air bag helper, and helper springs such as these:

http://www.streetperformance.com/part/superlift/helper-add-a-leaf-spring/554502-2500.html

http://www.streetperformance.com/part/supersprings/helper-add-a-leaf-spring/2010015-ssa8.html

Thanks for your help and if you can point me to a good vendor or online store that would be fantastic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a 2500 yukon have leaf or coil springs? I thought only trucks have leafs.

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding a leaf will be the cheapest, easiest way. Or you can get some air lift helper bags.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're after. Sounds like your Yukon was used for alot of towing in a previous life if the rear is sagging. Restoring OEM ride height, I'd call the dealership and just order replacement OEM leafs if it were my truck. Short of that, add-a-leaf kits are good for adding height but might end up being higher/lower than OEM depending on how shot the stockers are, and can change the ride characteristics of the truck (which can be good or bad depending on preference). Probably cheaper than OEM leafs though.

If you tow alot, I'd do both the add-a-leaf and air springs so that you have that extra adjustability when towing, and it takes some of the stress off of the leafs.

OP
OP
D

dsmwookie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The truck has 120k on it, but it was owned by a construction company most of its life. I just want a stock height and I do intend on towing a fair amount.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooof. Yeah, I'd replace the rear leafs with OEM's, then go from there. Like I said, you can use add-a-leaf kits to restore some lost height...but if the ones on there now are shot, the term "polishing a turd" comes to mind. It will ride better with new metal back there. Then you can use add-a-leafs with the new OEM leafs to add some beef for towing, and the height you get from the add-a-leaf will be more consistent.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you might consider some new rear spring but as far as air bags v.s. add-a-leafs go i would personally go with bags that way you can adjust your ride height according to your load... if you only have add a leafs then the ass end sticks up high and rides stiff when its unloaded. get the bags and a onboard compresser and you can adjust on the fly... i've been both ways and bags are where its at for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts