Would you wait for the 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the EV version of the AT4 is attractive enough, I may consider doing a trade-in for a 2025... And yes, I'd still modify it similarly to what I have now and keep the same Redwood Metallic color.
I doubt there will be an EV version of the yukon AT4 anytime soon. If you want that then the best bet is to get in line for the hummer. Probably just be the $175k ev escalade to start for few years

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will be an EV version of the yukon AT4 anytime soon. If you want that then the best bet is to get in line for the hummer. Probably just be the $175k ev escalade to start for few years
Worst case scenario if gas prices spike too high is that I join the masses and buy an EV sedan to commute to work. At that point I wouldn't bother trying to get another SUV. I'd still keep my AT4 regardless of gas prices, because it's already paid off and it has immeasurable sentimental value to it.

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting ready to place an order for a 2023 Suburban in a couple days, still ironing out the details. I’m ordering a Duramax and the only thing that would make me want a 2024 is if the new LZ0 is available in the LT trim. I also think I would like the column shifter better but my wife’s 2003 Pilot and my 2015 2500HD are both column shifters so the buttons will just take some getting use to.

I was told probably 6 month wait at a minimum for the 2023.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to place an order for a 2023 Suburban in a couple days, still ironing out the details. I’m ordering a Duramax and the only thing that would make me want a 2024 is if the new LZ0 is available in the LT trim. I also think I would like the column shifter better but my wife’s 2003 Pilot and my 2015 2500HD are both column shifters so the buttons will just take some getting use to.

I was told probably 6 month wait at a minimum for the 2023.
If you were told a 6 month wait minimum then your dealer doesn’t have an allocation for u. 2024 are scheduled to start production November 6.

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll have to ask the salesman. I wanted a realistic timeframe and he said “from what he has seen lately it’s around the 6 to 9 month mark”. Perhaps he is clueless. I have not signed anything or put down a deposit yet, I wanted a few days to think about the order before signing.

2023 Suburban LT - silver sage metallic
3.0 Duramax
Luxury package
2nd row bucket seats
Max Tow package
20” painted/machined wheels with the argent pockets

Got what I feel is a good price so if we do get switched over to a 2024 I hope there’s not a large price increase.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think @Banks22 has a good point - if you're being told "6 months minimum" that is pushing you into the 24's and it could be because your dealer doesn't have an allocation and/or there are a bunch of people in front of you. Your salesman might not be clueless, but he may also not be telling you the full story - he might not even know it himself.

I'm working with a big Lithia dealership that doesn't have allocation problems (they had constraint problems last year like everyone else). If I wanted to order right now it's *max* 90 days.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SNWMBL suburban allocations are a little less plentiful than tahoes, but if the dealer had an allocation for you then it should be 8-12 weeks. So yea like steebu said there’s probably a long list in front of you and u should just get on the list and if your order isn’t actually accepted by GM by the time 2024’s open up u could re-submit the order.

Murrawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told 6M as well for a built 2023 Suburban. Was told it could be a 2024, but at that time of inquiry, only the 2023 build plan was available. I ended finding something in route to a dealership and only had to wait 3 weeks.

EdTom

Reaction score
I’ve held off all summer with ordering waiting to see how the 2024 RST is offered. I’m hoping for different wheels and color options. Still undecided if I should go with the diesel. I’d appreciate your thoughts and input. Vehicle won’t be used for extensive travel and I only put about 7k miles on it per year .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts