Would you wait for the 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I never purchase a new build, aka enhancement, the first year. I wait until the 2nd year, too many issues on first year changes. Some folks like t live on the edge, which works for me, they work through the issues so I don't have to.

New model ? I thought 24's will be simply a refresh ?

+1.

If it's a mid cycle refresh with no major powertrain changes, I would be okay with it.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That new sierra interior is pretty sweet, I’d wait and see if it ends up in the suv
I’ve seen enough spy photos of the refresh T1 platform to figure out that the new interior will more closely resemble what you see in the ‘24 GMC Canyon.

Skip forward to about the ~7min mark. The refresh will use the same steering wheel, infotainment and cluster you see in this video. I’m not sure about the HVAC controls and other buttons below the infotainment - that might be a bit different, but what you see in this video is more or less the dash layout on the ‘24 refresh.

Also, shifter will be a stalk on the RH side of the steering column - same as the Sierra EV pickup.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1.

If it's a mid cycle refresh with no major powertrain changes, I would be okay with it.
I believe there is a plethora of electrical changes, the reason I would wait a year. Drivetrain's for the SUV's seem to be a year or two behind the 1/2 ton pickups, so they are bearing the brunt of the mechanical issues.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen enough spy photos of the refresh T1 platform to figure out that the new interior will more closely resemble what you see in the ‘24 GMC Canyon.

Skip forward to about the ~7min mark. The refresh will use the same steering wheel, infotainment and cluster you see in this video. I’m not sure about the HVAC controls and other buttons below the infotainment - that might be a bit different, but what you see in this video is more or less the dash layout on the ‘24 refresh.

Also, shifter will be a stalk on the RH side of the steering column - same as the Sierra EV pickup.

If that's the case, I still like it better than 2021-2023 non-Denali dash design.

Punteh

Reaction score
I think it would depend on how soon you want to get into a new vehicle. If you're alright with waiting even longer than you already have it might be worth it. I waited 9 months to get my 23 XL Denali. I did briefly consider cancelling that order and waiting for a 24. But not knowing what they were going to look like or offer for options I didn't know if that would be the right move. Also the 24 is going to be more expensive just because. So I stuck it out for my 23 and am so far happy with that decision. I guess we'll see when the 24 is released and we know all of the details what I think about it. But either way I would say for you it depends if you can wait and spend more $

cfoote

Reaction score
Feb 3rd, 2023 I went into the local GMC and ordered a 2023 Yukon Denali XL at MSRP, the manager told me it would be a few months, no problem. Dropped by to check on the status today (two months later) and they couldn't find me in the system. I have the build paperwork and sent it over when I got home. But now I'm thinking, maybe I just wait until later this year and get the 2024? Does anyone know if there are significant changes coming next year?
Yes, wait towards the end of the year when the 2024's will drop. The 2024's will be part of the refresh cycle. 24-inch rims will be an option as well.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feb 3rd, 2023 I went into the local GMC and ordered a 2023 Yukon Denali XL at MSRP, the manager told me it would be a few months, no problem. Dropped by to check on the status today (two months later) and they couldn't find me in the system. I have the build paperwork and sent it over when I got home. But now I'm thinking, maybe I just wait until later this year and get the 2024? Does anyone know if there are significant changes coming next year?
I'm moving into the camp that "newer is not necessarily better". I've owned many Suburbans. My favorite was 1990. My concern is that the vehicle will be a hybrid. Unless you're comfortable with spending $15,000 for a new battery when the vehicle is 4 to 6 years old, I would go ahead and buy what you know.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this render for the '24 refresh - the people that put together these renders are pretty talented and I've noticed on other make/models the renders they put together months ahead of time are about 90% accurate.

1683582403356.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345