Dealer asked for Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might wonder if the battery needs to be charged first, before tested.
After the first failed test, I think a charge to completion, then a small load placed on it for 10 min, then a retest...
But, agree, 30CCA not going to start the truck.

That said...Heat does kill batteries fast! For 50% cost, I would probably just let them replace it...better to do preventive maintenance on this vs. be stuck somewhere w/ a no start condition.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I bought a NEW vehicle but tires and batteries are often under different warranty terms. It used to be 12 months for battery's. Since it's a '22, the truck may be more than a year old. Personally, I'd go the 50/50 route but put the highest capacity unit in there I could. Unless the truck sits a lot. The super high capacity batteries don't like to sit. If it's used a lot, it is discharged and charged regularly. Just sitting, they tend to sulfate.

NELLY1947

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Might wonder if the battery needs to be charged first, before tested.
After the first failed test, I think a charge to completion, then a small load placed on it for 10 min, then a retest...
But, agree, 30CCA not going to start the truck.

That said...Heat does kill batteries fast! For 50% cost, I would probably just let them replace it...better to do preventive maintenance on this vs. be stuck somewhere w/ a no start condition.
You are less than 2 years old. 21k for me it is totally warranty. My 2019 the dealer replaced my battery at just under 3 years. Also 50/50?? Never heard of this..

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even think to see if warranty covered my battery; I just bought a new one at Batteries Plus and installed it myself when it died. The dealer likely has 100% markup on installed parts. By you paying 50% he may have no out of pocket cost. He only loses some of his normal profit. If the factory warrants it he’s out nothing.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660