Wiring for rap (retained accessory power)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im done, 3 hrs max
I used to do that for years, stay up till 2~4 then get up at 6, my sister calls me the energizer bunny, lol
but for a couple years now I feel better if I get more sleep but i will alternate sometimes stay up late for a couple days then go to sleep earlier the next and catch up.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to do that for years, stay up till 2~4 then get up at 6, my sister calls me the energizer bunny, lol
but for a couple years now I feel better if I get more sleep but i will alternate sometimes stay up late for a couple days then go to sleep earlier the next and catch up.
Not by choice, i just sleep ******. Wish i could sleep longer.
Anyway, hihosilver post is from one of my posts, i love that spot for power, rap, etc.. gm puts it in and up fitters use it to add accessories. They actually sell connectors that fit in with pigtails so you dont need a spade connector. Not sure if itll help you but its there.
Obs andnbs trucks used to come with the connector with pigtsil and mega fuse to hook up a trailer brake controller... i think i still have my connector harness from my nbs, some where, shape has changed over the years and prob pinouts but same concept.
Good luck doubie

adcmobile

Reaction score
i'm waiting for them to re-write the firmware again as of this morning, so if they cant make it work then I will have to patch in there, mine are all occupied (Denali) so I would have to patch into one of the connectors from behind
Do you have factory-installed headrests? That's the only option I've ever seen that plug location occupied by.

If so, you can just tap into the wire populated at the pin 8 location.

If you don't have a wire from pin 8, pull the block and get it from the rear.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have factory-installed headrests? That's the only option I've ever seen that plug location occupied by.

If so, you can just tap into the wire populated at the pin 8 location.

If you don't have a wire from pin 8, pull the block and get it from the rear.
i have a 2012 yukon xl denali with every bell and whistle except power running boards, does not have headrest monitors but it does have dual rear folding screens
i should hear back from ads today, there is no reasonable reason there digital module can't separate the drivers door rap signal from the other doors when a $15 walmart pac unit can.
but at any rate all the blocks are occupied in the junction box

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got the firmware from ads this morning and rap is now working properly with the drivers door :), they said mine was only the 3rd vehicle that had to be re-coded for the rap and that it was not a platform wide issue and was probably related to a certain bcm software version in my vehicle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900