help troubleshooting no power to rear door speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate electrical trouble-shooting !

I decided to install new speakers and subwoofer in my 2001 XL UQ3 non-Bose. Everything was stock before. I don't think it was working before because my sub was definitely not and i just knew that the sound from the back was less than usual, but now I know there is no power to the drivers side rear door speaker.

Before I go digging thru the wiring, can anyone point me in the most probable culprit?

I'm thinking I would like to work my way back from the speaker terminal. I already stripped some insulation from the wiring about 2" back from the terminal ends and inserted some leads there with no luck.

Now I think my next stop will be the accordion and Molex connector.

If that isn't the problem, at what other points are the speaker wires easily accessible?

I am open to any other trouble-shooting suggestions.

Thanks

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Physician, heal thyself !

The schematics are different between '00-'02 & '03-'06 - go figure !

This is how the jumpers must be to get your rear speakers to function.

( I will also go find the thread where I posted my original "fix", and update it so others don't get pissed off like I was )

The only one who rides in the back is my dog, and she didn't complain about no music !IMG_20231103_084739541.jpgIMG_20231103_084755493_HDR.jpgIMG_20231103_084808760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660