Wiring for rap (retained accessory power)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flashed the maestro with there custom firmware they made for me, lol hit & a miss, rap wouldn't shut off from any door this time. so flashed it back to the regular firmware, try again on monday I guess there closed for the weekend.

adcmobile

Reaction score
RAP power is accessible in only one place that I know of - at the LEFT IP Junction block. This is the junction block on the firewall between the foot brake and the e-brake pedal.

If you remove the cover, you'll see two columns of ports, some that have plugs plugged into them, as well as a few that do not have anything plugged in (depending on your trim and options).

The 2nd port up from the bottom left should be open (it has 8 metal pins you can slide connectors onto) and is the port that has IGN, 12V CONSTANT, RAP ACCY & GROUND in it.

The pins are numbered from RIGHT to LEFT:

Top row starting at top right: pins 1,3,5,7.
Bottom row starting at bottom right: pins 2,4,6,8

GROUND is pin 1 (top right)

IGNITION 12V is pin 7 (top left)

CONSTANT 12V is pin 5 (2nd from top left)

RAP ACCY 12V is pin 8 (bottom left). It should act the same way the RAP circuit works on the factory radio.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RAP power is accessible in only one place that I know of - at the LEFT IP Junction block. This is the junction block on the firewall between the foot brake and the e-brake pedal.

If you remove the cover, you'll see two columns of ports, some that have plugs plugged into them, as well as a few that do not have anything plugged in (depending on your trim and options).

The 2nd port up from the bottom left should be open (it has 8 metal pins you can slide connectors onto) and is the port that has IGN, 12V CONSTANT, RAP ACCY & GROUND in it.

The pins are numbered from RIGHT to LEFT:

Top row starting at top right: pins 1,3,5,7.
Bottom row starting at bottom right: pins 2,4,6,8

GROUND is pin 1 (top right)

IGNITION 12V is pin 7 (top left)

CONSTANT 12V is pin 5 (2nd from top left)

RAP ACCY 12V is pin 8 (bottom left). It should act the same way the RAP circuit works on the factory radio.
great, do you know if that is the rap for just the drivers door or for all doors

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm waiting for them to re-write the firmware again as of this morning, so if they cant make it work then I will have to patch in there, mine are all occupied (Denali) so I would have to patch into one of the connectors from behind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo