No Accessory Power to Head Unit on 2014 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stljeremy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m trying to install an aftermarket head unit in my 2014 Tahoe PPV.

I purchased a wiring harness from Amazon, and the Amazon wiring harnesses physically plugs into the factory wiring harness with no issue.
Kit from Amazon.png

However, the accessory power wire from my head unit via the Amazon harness ends up going nowhere (Page C-65, pin 16). (Red dots on pages C-64 & C-65 indicated where wires appear on my factory harness. I am unsure of the accuracy of this diagram though as just I grabbed it from this forum).
harness.jpg

The Amazon harness also does not connect to pins 6, 7, or 13 on the factory harness pictured on page C-64.
harness2.jpg

Did I buy the wrong wiring harness? Do I have something unique going on since it is a PPV? Will I need to find an alternate source of switched power?

Please help if you have any input on this. I’m about to throw in the towel!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed a few of these "budget" style wiring harnesses in the 07-14 trucks. The coil of red wire in the first picture is your accessory wire. There is NO accy wire in the factory harness, it's databus controlled. What you have to do is run that red wire thru the dash to an ign wire (usually pink) at the fuse panel, or in the ignition switch harness. There's also an easy one to grab at the brake pedal on the brake light switch.
With the more expensive harnesses you don't need to run your own accessory wire, because the harness includes a module that converts the databus signal to an accy wire. They can also usually do steering wheel controls, and many other features. But if the ONLY thing you need is an accy wire, then it doesn't make sense to spend all that $$$ on the expensive databus module integration harness when you can buy a $25 harness and just connect your own accy wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11