Wiring fog lights to run independently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wondering how this could be done? being able to turn on and off just the fogs when the ignition is on.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t that what the button circled in red is for or do you not have it?
View attachment 242428

I think what he means is if you try to hit that switch in the day time with the headlights off it automatically kicks the other lights on as well. I had this issue as well when I was messing with it one day. Can't remember if I had the Auto light function disabled. Usually that is the first thing I do when I fire her up though.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what he means is if you try to hit that switch in the day time with the headlights off it automatically kicks the other lights on as well. I had this issue as well when I was messing with it one day. Can't remember if I had the Auto light function disabled. Usually that is the first thing I do when I fire her up though.
Interesting.
:hmmm2:

Reaction score
I know at night with it set to auto you can turn the dial to the off position to turn all lights off then hit the fog light switch and the parking lights and fog lights come on, no head lights.

Maybe you have to turn it to parking lights instead if auto after turning them all off, can't remember.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know at night with it set to auto you can turn the dial to the off position to turn all lights off then hit the fog light switch and the parking lights and fog lights come on, no head lights.

Maybe you have to turn it to parking lights instead if auto after turning them all off, can't remember.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Yeah that could have been it, I can't remember now. Have to check the manual out...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wondering how this could be done? being able to turn on and off just the fogs when the ignition is on.
run a toggle switch to the fog lights and then power it from accessory (key on) power that way if you forget to turn them off it doesn't drain the battery. easy to do by running power from the drivers kickpanel thru the firewall grommet. you can get all the stuff needed at almost any auto parts store.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok I just tested it and this is exactly how it worked, both in auto and manual.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about having just the fogs with no parking lights on and I was also hoping to use the stock button but after thinking about it I might just run the toggle switch and stick it somewhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts