Wiper arm stand up for snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how i never noticed that the Tahoe wipers only pull about 2 inches away from the windshield and don't have a way to keep them there. When did chevy start that? My old Blazer stood straight up and even my old 95 f150 work beater has locks to keep them off the windshield in icy weather to prevent them from freezing down.

Is there a mod any one has come up with to stand them up? We are getting some freezing rain overnight and went out to put them up on the truck, and when i got to the Silverado and Tahoe i was like wtf.

Reaction score
Both my 2001 and 2012 will stand up 90* from the glass.

Also, on your 95 f150, those aren't locks to keep them up a few inches off the glass, those are to hold them in the unlocked position to remove the arm off the spindle

rzabel

Reaction score
My wipers don't stay up either and I was WTF too! I thought every vehicle in the last 30 years you could stand them up. I've been thinking about posting about this for awhile and would really like to know if I can switch out another wiper arm. Sounds like a 2001 does it, so maybe that will work? Does the 2001 have the washer fluid spray from the wiper arm like 2003?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly question, as I can’t remember having this issue on my 2004 Silverado, but it’s been a few minutes and 2 trucks since I traded it, but is it a case where they are hitting the hood and you need to stop them mid-stroke?

Reaction score
My wipers don't stay up either and I was WTF too! I thought every vehicle in the last 30 years you could stand them up. I've been thinking about posting about this for awhile and would really like to know if I can switch out another wiper arm. Sounds like a 2001 does it, so maybe that will work? Does the 2001 have the washer fluid spray from the wiper arm like 2003?
My 2001 has the fluid spray from the arms.

It's sounding like just a few years didn't have this feature, like 2003-2006?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know how i never noticed that the Tahoe wipers only pull about 2 inches away from the windshield and don't have a way to keep them there. When did chevy start that? My old Blazer stood straight up and even my old 95 f150 work beater has locks to keep them off the windshield in icy weather to prevent them from freezing down.

Is there a mod any one has come up with to stand them up? We are getting some freezing rain overnight and went out to put them up on the truck, and when i got to the Silverado and Tahoe i was like wtf.
from what I have read some people just grind a little piece of the metal off and it will then go up all the way

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out the other day, and was frustrated, that I could not even lift the passenger wiper blade high enough to even get under the blade with the snow brush to clear it out. I could barely get my hand under to clear the snow and ice under the blade on that side.

I may try grinding that ridge off the pivot, that keeps it from moving any further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts