Wife Hits the curb!!!! RANT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife curbed our chrome 22's. I bought the wheel insurance because I knew it was going to happen eventually. Took it to the dealer, new tire, repaired wheel. The policy has already paid for itself.

And before we jump on the wife, compared to the 2005 she has been driving for the last 9 years, this thing is hard to judge the distances because the window sills are so damn high.

That paint chipping off sucks though.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wife keeps complaining and asking me why i want my own car... this is the reason driving braille... she said i can have my own car when were divorced... lol

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not terrible. Sh%t happens, we've all curbed wheels. Usually when trying to park the car all the way over next to a curb to prevent door dings on the other side LOL.

If you can fix it for $100, do it. Not worth replacing the entire wheel for sure.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has already curbed the hell out of three of the wheels on the 2014 Altima that we just purchased in January. Women just can't drive.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife keeps complaining and asking me why i want my own car... this is the reason driving braille... she said i can have my own car when were divorced... lol

Lol this attitude from the wife would tick me off MUCH quicker than a curbed wheel. That kinda stuff doesn't fly with me in my relationship hahaha

My wife has done similar things (ran a fender into the garage do frame, not pulled in far enough and scraped the rear when the garage door closed,...) and I've found it more productive to get it fixed and move on. The only upside to running the 20's I do is there is plenty of tire so curbed rims isn't very likely. I chalk these things up as things that are inevitable and "cost of ownership". If she did these things on purpose my attitude would be different but accidents happen. I know that if I got on to her too hard for these accidents then I know it wouldn't be too long before I did something and the tables would be turned.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You only have one car between the two of you? I have three myself and the gf has one.

Vgreid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like others have said, stuff happens. Wife curbed ours on one that had just been painted as a safety crosswalk, you know with the orange/yellow paint? It was ground into the tire. Even though I did my best to get it off, I could still notice it when the tire was eventually replaced for wear.

And that's my point. Stuff happens. I'd recommend holding off on the repair for awhile until you have 4 or 5 scuff marks and then bring it in. Otherwise, we both know that in a couple of weeks there are going to be more just like it.

Last edited:

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to consider trading that in while the miles are still low.:hmmm2:

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife ran over a mountain bike going 80 last time she was driving the Escalade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea