Wife got in an accident with a drunk driver, the Tahoe is totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your wife was not seriously injured but keep an eye on her for some time. Neck and back injuries from an accident like that can manifest themselves many months later.

God forbid, if either of you are ever in an accident like that again, have your truck towed home.

Finally, this is why we drive big cars. My parents, siblings and myself have all been seriously injured from auto accidents in small cars. Never again, I view the fuel penalty as the cost of safety.

New truck looks real clean, such is deserving of a build page on this here forum. LOL

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your wife is ok from the crash. For sure like James said, keep an eye on the lingering effects down the track. Especially the neck, back and spine.

I am thankful every day my wife and kids are in the Suburban but scares the crap out of me here in S. Florida.

That NNBS did it's job keeping her safe.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your wife is ok from the crash. For sure like James said, keep an eye on the lingering effects down the track. Especially the neck, back and spine.

I am thankful every day my wife and kids are in the Suburban but scares the crap out of me here in S. Florida.

That NNBS did it's job keeping her safe.

Absolutely. Fortunately the driver had good insurance which should take care of the personal injury claim and missed work so we're making sure she gets all of the medical coverage she needs.

I sure loved that Tahoe but it did a great job keeping her safe. The accident could have been way worse.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Fortunately the driver had good insurance which should take care of the personal injury claim and missed work so we're making sure she gets all of the medical coverage she needs.

I sure loved that Tahoe but it did a great job keeping her safe. The accident could have been way worse.

That Jeep ******* is so lucky that Tahoe didn't plow him on the driver's side or head on with that push bar. That could have been a lot more tragic. Just glad your wife is ok at the end of the day, no matter how much we love our trucks, we cannot replace our loved ones.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Good God! It’s the mass of these vehicles that creates the safety zone. Glad to hear the Mrs. fared well. I’ve stepped up to several accidents and provided my contact info to secure all the facts are fleshed out later.

Also had other witnesses do the same for me when I’ve been hit, it’s good Karma. Nice to see it looks like the Ins made good and wish everyone a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your wife was not seriously injured but keep an eye on her for some time. Neck and back injuries from an accident like that can manifest themselves many months later.

God forbid, if either of you are ever in an accident like that again, have your truck towed home.

Finally, this is why we drive big cars. My parents, siblings and myself have all been seriously injured from auto accidents in small cars. Never again, I view the fuel penalty as the cost of safety.

New truck looks real clean, such is deserving of a build page on this here forum. LOL
No fuel penalty here. Every time I fill I up make money. :)
My break even point is 154,000 miles after that it's profit..(sooner as the price goes up)...

considering the value of the SUV went up because hybrids go up in value when the price of gas goes up. (Hybrids are tied to the Oil standard).... people want better mileage and still able to drive big suv... the price jumped from 10k to 18k-19k for a similar mileage Tahoe hybrid even thought the cost of gas only changed by 50 cent a gallon in the last week

Last edited:

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that everything worked out...
Love the new Tahoe.... Maybe i missed it.... but how many miles on the Replacement Tahoe?

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a buddy who puts his wife in nothing but big cars.... she's a horrible driver- by admission. "if she gets into another accident she's gonna come out on top-she's the mother of my children" Spoken like a true meathead.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that everything worked out...
Love the new Tahoe.... Maybe i missed it.... but how many miles on the Replacement Tahoe?

About 146k on the old one, down to 75k on the new one. Only issue I have with it so far is that the previous owner removed those bump out door guards. I love the look of Tahoes without them, but they managed to scuff up the paint everywhere the door guards were. I managed to get most of the passenger side buffed out with Nu Finish scratch doctor but the driver side has been tougher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid