Where is the photo cell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where the photo cell is on our trucks? I swapped the DRLs out for orange bulbs, and did the full time drl/low beam/fog light mod (my own creation), and I want to cover up the photo cell so the lights automatically come on in the day time, as well as night.

Anybody know?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be on the dash right up front in the middle, between the defroster grilles!

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, that's what I thought, but when I covered it up, the lights didn't kick on. I was in park though, and I didn't keep it covered long. I'll try again, thanks!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the response earlier, I was going off of memory!! My denali has 2 of them, one on each side of the center defrost vent, I just went out and covered up each one and both together and the right one controls my lights, I'm guessing that the left one might control the auto dimming mirrors, just a guess!! Hope that helps out!!

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it. Thanks! (BTW: You were right.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia