Wheel and tire combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a Gray 1999 2 door Tahoe and I’m a teenager so I’m broke. What are some good wheel and tire combos that y’all have seen that look good (I would rather black but I’ll deal with whatever)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

First, what kind of driving do you do with your Tahoe, as it will help determine what kind of tires would be best for you?

What is your current wheel and tire specs?

Do you prefer to keep the same wheel size, or are you looking for a different wheel/tire size combo?

What is your total budget for the new wheels and tires?

Folks here will chime in, when you provide some additional information, so that we are not simply throwing darts at a blank wall.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest option would be take off's . There's plenty on FaceBook Marketplace in my area, not sure about yours. Only issue with that is you either have to be very patient to wait get what you want, or not very fussy and grab a deal.

OP
OP
T

Trenton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

First, what kind of driving do you do with your Tahoe, as it will help determine what kind of tires would be best for you?

What is your current wheel and tire specs?

Do you prefer to keep the same wheel size, or are you looking for a different wheel/tire size combo?

What is your total budget for the new wheels and tires?

Folks here will chime in, when you provide some additional information, so that we are not simply throwing darts at a blank wall.
Thank you for the suggestions this is my first time on any forum. I currently have stock 16 inch wheels with used BF Goodrich k02’s I would want to keep 16 inch wheels and some good A/T as I also drive it off-road a lot. I hope this helps and I’m sorry for not giving enough information

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions this is my first time on any forum. I currently have stock 16 inch wheels with used BF Goodrich k02’s I would want to keep 16 inch wheels and some good A/T as I also drive it off-road a lot. I hope this helps and I’m sorry for not giving enough information
The tires you have now are some of the best for on/off road - are you looking to go larger? are you going to stay stock height? Not sure what you are looking for.

OP
OP
T

Trenton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The tires you have now are some of the best for on/off road - are you looking to go larger? are you going to stay stock height? Not sure what you are looking for.
I look to keep it stock height. I’m trying to make a daily that I can take off road. My tires are good for on /off roading but they are used and won’t last much longer and and I was looking for some other suggestions. Thank you for your patience with me

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

B-Fox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newer stock take offs for a fresh upgrade ain't bad. You can find them cheap if your patient. Just got mine from a 2015 silverado "18 wheels and tires are 265/65/18 $400 facebook market.
Thanks to the help of some really awesome folks here for advice.
20210226_174045.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018