What vehicle related issue did you have today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho45guy

Reaction score
Now the check engine light is back on... I was spoiled by driving a 2014 Ram the past 4 years. Not a single issue. Trading this in on a new 4Runner as soon as all credit cards are paid off.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left parking lamp doesn’t flash for turns. And when I accelerate around 30 mph I hear this wine noise.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, my ac compressor pulley bearing gave up the good fight. Ended up replacing the clutch, coil, pulley and bearing with a -$100 rebuild kit. Didn’t have to evac/recharge, replace accumulator or any of that jazz. Now back to frigid winds lol I still call it a win in my book. The coils snap ring was a pain in the D I’ll have to admit.

2511B9D2-6524-46C2-BD59-F655A7218897.jpeg D33B723E-F1F8-4439-9AE4-68B47BA0F9AD.jpeg CA7A22CA-9395-499A-8D7E-BD7D3391A6D4.jpeg

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start a thread to see if as many people have as much issues with their trucks as I do with mine.

Here is a place to vent about your issue(s) and who knows, maybe someone will be able to help.

I’ll start:

Today’s issue was that my dash lights stopped working on me out of the blue. One minute they’re working and the next thing I know they have no power. I checked every fuse and still nothing. Damn vehicle, can’t catch a break .

So how’d ya fix it? Bad harness connection? The good ole solder fix?

OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how’d ya fix it? Bad harness connection? The good ole solder fix?
Lol no, sounds stupid on my part. But my dimmer switch for the dash lights only works in some spots and I must of bumped it climbing in/out and thats why they weren't coming on. Tore my whole dash apart, all my fuses, everything, when all I had to do was turn the switch up a tad. Talk about feeling stupid. :signs75:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the check engine light is back on...

What's the matter with it?

Welp, my ac compressor pulley bearing gave up the good fight. Ended up replacing the clutch, coil, pulley and bearing with a -$100 rebuild kit. Didn’t have to evac/recharge, replace accumulator or any of that jazz.

I've always wanted to do that but could never find the parts. Where did you get just a clutch/rebuild kit? Part number?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver The only place I could find it was Autozone p# 47362 it’s normally 144ish but got a couple discounts thrown on it which dropped it to 105 and some change. I just really didn’t want to have to evac/recharge and replace the accumulator etc with replacing the whole compressor and breakin open the system when the compressor itself is still good.

The kit is available online as well but it was cheaper buying it in person which is bass aackwards lol I think online the kit was 160-170? At least what I came across.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver The only place I could find it was Autozone p# 47362 it’s normally 144ish but got a couple discounts thrown on it which dropped it to 105 and some change. I just really didn’t want to have to evac/recharge and replace the accumulator etc with replacing the whole compressor and breakin open the system when the compressor itself is still good.

The kit is available online as well but it was cheaper buying it in person which is bass aackwards lol I think online the kit was 160-170? At least what I came across.

Thanks Jason! I could not find and was always told that these didn't exist. Well, maybe they didn't twenty-five years ago when I was looking! We had a number of cars that just needed clutches back then and it was frustrating to go through all that work and expense when something much simpler was all that was needed.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10.4 brother, it just makes sense to me. I don’t get why you can’t Get kits to service every compressor like this. It’s like “ah, crap! The counter weight on my harmonic balancer just broke loose and shifted. Guess I have to replace the whole engine.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne