what the heck is going on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 NBS tahoe. I had Hilite 7000k 'xenons'- 37.5 watt and when I turned them on I noticed my rear wiper would engage for a second then go back down. Now I got my 35watt HIDs with relay installed and it doesn't do it anymore. At first I thought it was my fog light switch shorting because it is in the same box as the rear wiper switch. Does anybody have any suggestions as to why my wiper switched on before I installed HIDs?:confused:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a ground problem on your rear windshield wiper motor, let me see if I can find the post on her on how to fix it!! It's a pain in the butt to get to the pump to do the mod but I did it and it solved the problem!!

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Here's the thread for the fix, basically you gotta find the rear windshield wiper fluid pump, cut the ground wire for it and make a separate new ground wire for it grounded to the frame around the pump, pretty easy once you get to the pumps!!

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10815&page=3

OP
OP
chauncey0337

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. That's exactly what I was looking for. This problem seems so stupid like GM made a faulty ground just so people would have to bring their trucks back to the dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats