A/C not working. Clutch is not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's been forever since I worked on the ac on these years, but isn't this a high pressure switch too? it's on the high side?

IMG_5932~2.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
if you follow the high pressure hose from compressor to the condensor, some have a high pressure port with a Schrader valve in it on the inlet side, so you can just screw it on. you'd have to run longer wires, and a different style sensor.. but can be done. mine had it over there. running it without a high pressure cut off is kinda scary. if something happens 400 psi bursting a hose isn't great.
Yea, you haven't crapped your drawers until you have been standing there, with the hood up, and had an a/c line blow. The customer just pulled up in the lot, popped the hood and came out and opened the hood and 10 seconds later.....POP!!!!! He said a/c was not cooling as it should.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, you haven't crapped your drawers until you have been standing there, with the hood up, and had an a/c line blow. The customer just pulled up in the lot, popped the hood and came out and opened the hood and 10 seconds later.....POP!!!!! He said a/c was not cooling as it should.

holy crap.

that had to be crazy and a heck of a mess

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Refrigerant went to the air and it sprayed a/c oil on the inside and the blowing out took seconds. I talked to him 15 minutes later when I came out of the toilet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879