KCMO Area - Ceramic on new YXL Denali Ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSweet

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I am torn on what brand to use of ceramic, I read some of the older threads and saw a bunch of options. We have done SystemX ceramic coatings on my last two vehicles and we were happy with it. However the one shop I contacted in KC said they won't even install it anymore and have switched to Fireball brand. I know another shop closer to me is offering 3M brand installed for a bit less which is tempting.

What ceramic brand did you go with? Are you happy with it? Did you happen to go to anyone in the KCMO area to rec?

I also was reading some don't post to CarFax but I liked the concept of that "bonus"? And yes I'm having someone else install it, I'm big on supporting other small biz plus I believe whoever does this everyday is always going to be better at it than me!

I did just get ceramic tint installed on the windows and I'm SO excited about it. Pics to come, it's sitting next to me at the shop still being installed haha.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

When I left Gladstone. Mo. and moved to the PNW, 27 years ago, there was no such thing as Ceramic coatings. I can however recommend a fantastic repair shop, in the area, just across the border in Lenexa, if you ever need one.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

When I left Gladstone. Mo. and moved to the PNW, 27 years ago, there was no such thing as Ceramic coatings. I can however recommend a fantastic repair shop, in the area, just across the border in Lenexa, if you ever need one.
I'll keep that in mind, hopefully we don't need it ;)

We're only here a year for military so off to probably OK next. It's really nice to have so many businesses (and dealerships, ha!) to find exactly what I need!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I don’t have any experience installing any 3M coating products, I use tons of their other products and have never been disappointed. I’d venture a guess and say the 3M coating will probably be really good.

CDONNS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who have you contacted so far? For all things aftermarket automotive I would say KC Trends is a good starting point, but I expect they will be a bit higher in cost given their clientele. As a fellow KC'er (OP more specifically) keep the thread updated with what path you go forward with. As an aside, who did you go with for tint? I just had mine done at Midwest Tint near 435 and everything turned out great.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Who have you contacted so far? For all things aftermarket automotive I would say KC Trends is a good starting point, but I expect they will be a bit higher in cost given their clientele. As a fellow KC'er (OP more specifically) keep the thread updated with what path you go forward with. As an aside, who did you go with for tint? I just had mine done at Midwest Tint near 435 and everything turned out great.
I435 is in Kansas and Missouri. Where "near" 435 was that?

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
I apologize I wasn't getting notifications for this thread!

I went with A Cut Above in Leavenworth cause it's hard to get down into KC/juggle the car drop offs honestly. I want to start off by saying I like the owner a lot, but the tint % I ended up with is too dark in my "would prefer to be closer to legal" opinion. He did a phenomenal job on install and the tint is flawless but I think the % is just too dark. I have a hard time understanding the % calculations so I originally was thinking I'd be around 20 for all of them, which is near legal, but I'm sitting at 17 for fronts and 5 for side/back. Nothing on the windshield.

I'm going to play the game of wait for a ticket/see how much harassment I get before removing or redoing them. I really wish I would have just came out with closer to 20% on everything if that makes sense. I wanted the ceramic tint for the heat benefits not to be very obviously illegal :confused:

What % did you end up at once it was installed? I feel like the issue with these mids/rear windows is they were already pretty dang dark to begin with and barely needed anything added. Can I see a pic of yours if you don't mind and it's less % than I have?

Attachments

• IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 5

CDONNS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I apologize I wasn't getting notifications for this thread!

I went with A Cut Above in Leavenworth cause it's hard to get down into KC/juggle the car drop offs honestly. I want to start off by saying I like the owner a lot, but the tint % I ended up with is too dark in my "would prefer to be closer to legal" opinion. He did a phenomenal job on install and the tint is flawless but I think the % is just too dark. I have a hard time understanding the % calculations so I originally was thinking I'd be around 20 for all of them, which is near legal, but I'm sitting at 17 for fronts and 5 for side/back. Nothing on the windshield.

I'm going to play the game of wait for a ticket/see how much harassment I get before removing or redoing them. I really wish I would have just came out with closer to 20% on everything if that makes sense. I wanted the ceramic tint for the heat benefits not to be very obviously illegal :confused:

What % did you end up at once it was installed? I feel like the issue with these mids/rear windows is they were already pretty dang dark to begin with and barely needed anything added. Can I see a pic of yours if you don't mind and it's less % than I have

I did 20% non-ceramic all around (minus windshield). Personally it hits my preference spot on, I do the same to all of my vehicles over the past 20 years and haven't had any issues with "fix-it tickets". The rears will always be darker since they come factory tinted, usually to about 20%. Mine look about the same as yours, I can try and snap a picture this week sometime.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have negative 292% (lol) IMG_0056.jpegon everything but the windshield. It’s not black, but I’m sure it’s not legal. The shop pours the same thing on the local PD rides. All ceramic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019