What should stock ride height be? (So I know how much to lower it)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grind

Reaction score
My recently acquired '06 Denali no longer has functioning Autoride, as the PO replaced the shocks with regular ones (he disclosed this to me, it wasn't a surprise, but I haven't looked at what brand).

However, it's got a pretty steep rake to it - at least I think it does. Front fender height is 35.25", rear is 38".

Is ~3" difference a normal amount? I want to lower/level this beast.

Thanks, mates.

cycho

Reaction score
My 2013 stock Tahoe with Autoride and brand new tires measures 38 1/2 rear and 36 1/4 front. This is after sitting for 4 hrs.

OP
OP
Grind

Grind

Reaction score
My 2013 stock Tahoe with Autoride and brand new tires measures 38 1/2 rear and 36 1/4 front. This is after sitting for 4 hrs.
Thanks. That gives me an idea of where to start. Seems to me, like my front end is sitting low already.
That rear gap looks huge.
It is! It looks even more so in person. I couldn't photograph it well enough.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2” drop springs in back would do it. For some reason when both are the same height the rear looks lower.

OP
OP
Grind

Grind

Reaction score
you should fix it

looks the
saggy ford expeditions but you have the issue in the front end
I'm planning on fixing it! ;)
I had a saggy Expedition, but I attributed that to the plow hanging on the front.

2” drop springs in back would do it. For some reason when both are the same height the rear looks lower.
I'm thinking 2" spindles and 4" springs should do the trick.

EDIT: Just ordered spindles and springs from TBSSowners.

Last edited:

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should measure it again when its full. Full of fuel, full of how many people you normally carry, full of any towing weight and measure it again.

Also you should be measuring all four corners. 'Chevy lean', having a 1/2" difference between the two fronts is common.

OP
OP
Grind

Grind

Reaction score
@adriver I measured all four corners, with a full tank and some stuff in the back. I rarely have actual humans in the back. Both front corners were the same, no "Chevy lean", but oddly, the rear had a half inch difference. 38" that I posted was the average between the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907