2008 Tahoe Z71 suspension question regarding ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
So I just replaced the struts and shock all around with Bilstein 5100's. I ended up re-using my original coil springs that have 155k on them. I initially set the front struts to the fourth and highest setting which would raise the front 1.77" from stock. After having a tough time getting the lower mount onto the LCA I decided to move the spring to the third setting which would raise it 1.1" until i order some Dirt King UCA's. It seemed my limit was reached with the stock UCA's. I measured the height of the front from the fender to the center of the hub and found that one side is about 1/2" higher than the other???? Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? I'm guessing maybe a weak coils spring. I am planning on replacing the springs with new ones in the next week or so.

Tks for all the input. I replaced the coil springs with news ones from Moog as said above. Initial measurements shown both side of the front to be around 38” from bottom of fender to the ground. Then when I measured yesterday after a few days of driving found there to be about 3/8” difference between the pass and driver side fronts.
Any other thoughts?

my thoughts are beginning to lean towards worn out bushings in the UCA’s and LCA’s. I’m planning to replace the uppers with Dirt Kings and go with new Moog lowers with a greaseable ball joint. It’s cheaper to just go with a complete LCA from rock auto than to buy bushings and try to push them out of the stock ones.

Appreciate it any input.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Mine had a difference side to side when I got it with stock suspension and I believe it’s common.

I used the Moog lowers and so far so good. They get good feedback. Be careful where you buy parts, there’s so much counterfeit floating around on fleabay etc. it’s ridiculous.

OP
OP
M

Marshall 008

Reaction score
I have had good luck so far with Rockauto.com for replacement parts. That’s where I’ll get them.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Marshall 008 That is interesting, I have not noticed that with mine. I am using Rough Country's Forged upper control arms and MOOG premium lower control arms, got them from Amazon, no regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont