What Oil Filter Brand Do You Swear By?

What Oil Filter Brand Do You Swear By?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My own research shows that K&N is superior numbers wise to Wix, M1, Fram and ACDelco. The oil pressure is higher on my motor running the K&N compared with the M1 EP filter and the K&N filters down further particles wise, 10 microns compared to 30.

You won't hurt your engine by running ANY of them. We run the K&N because we like the 1" nut welded to the bottom for removal, helps my daughters and I when changing the oil.

The higher quality filters may have less paper fibers clog up the screen under the oil pressure sensor over time which can affect the AFM system.

RaiderRodney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My own research shows that K&N is superior numbers wise to Wix, M1, Fram and ACDelco. The oil pressure is higher on my motor running the K&N compared with the M1 EP filter and the K&N filters down further particles wise, 10 microns compared to 30.

You won't hurt your engine by running ANY of them. We run the K&N because we like the 1" nut welded to the bottom for removal, helps my daughters and I when changing the oil.

The higher quality filters may have less paper fibers clog up the screen under the oil pressure sensor over time which can affect the AFM system.

Agreed, I've been using the K&N's for several years now.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always curious about a longer filter, but having the nut on the bottom would mostly take care of that.
Interesting that the k&n filter finer, plus has higher oil pressure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fram Ultra Synthetic with Mobil1. Been used on this truck since first owner. 277k

Look up the youtube vids of cutting them up. This one is hard to beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods