What is this bolt I found??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_g1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this under the passenger seat, in one of the "skids" the seat slides in. No idea where it came from or where it is supposed to go. Any help would be awesome! Car was stolen previously so who knows where it came from, but I'm concerned because this bolt is huge and looks important. Here are pictures of the bolt head and the size compared to my thumb (which isn't a great comparison, but that is what I had handy... :nolol:).

1658732438706.png 1658732476953.png

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If nothing related to attaching the seats, it could have just been something left inside the cabin.
I agree with you, a bolt that size looks like it might be on something HD.

Like a bumper bolt, tow hook or something really beefy requiring a bolt of that strength/size...

Maybe after it was stolen, there were repairs to the body and frame?
Could be a bolt that someone had in their hand and tossed it or dropped it inside and forgot about.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Too big for any interior trim
No witness marks to indicate it was used to secure a seat - seat holes go through the body. You'd see discoloration on the end of the bolt where it was exposed to the elements. Also the wrong bolt type for that. GM uses a zinc galvanized (silver-gray) bolts for everything.

That just looks like it came from the hardware store. I wouldn't sweat it :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like snowdrifter said, doesn't fit anything the closest match would be a seat belt retainer but you would know if that was missing

OP
OP
B

big_g1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Too big for any interior trim
No witness marks to indicate it was used to secure a seat - seat holes go through the body. You'd see discoloration on the end of the bolt where it was exposed to the elements. Also the wrong bolt type for that. GM uses a zinc galvanized (silver-gray) bolts for everything.

That just looks like it came from the hardware store. I wouldn't sweat it :)
That's a good point, it does look brand new. I'm just a little paranoid because there are a couple random parts missing here and there, but yeah you guys are right, and they didn't steal the seats or anything. Plus, no thief is gonna be like "oh, dude we dropped this bolt, let's make sure to put it back in the car for them!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldwing2000