What is this, and why is it on the floor?? ( '05 Yukon)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to be nit-picky, but isn’t the spec touching, or within 1/4” or something? Pretty sure mine are just about 3/16” away, while sitting level. Hoping that’s ok, or I’ll have to get slightly larger spacers.. (these pics are while in the air)

You'd better fix that... ;)

Seriously, though, I'm not sure of the spec. All I know is that they contact on stock suspensions.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be nit-picky, but isn’t the spec touching, or within 1/4” or something? Pretty sure mine are just about 3/16” away, while sitting level. Hoping that’s ok, or I’ll have to get slightly larger spacers.. (these pics are while in the air)
In your photo, it shows a red lower pad... Mine is just the metal surface, ( with the upper stop against it)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you raise the front on yours, to need the extra 'bump' ?
Yes, just cranked the torsion keys, and installed 2” longer Bilsteins. She rides great! May also help that there’s a fat Hellwig sway bar up there.. :naughty:

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, just cranked the torsion keys, and installed 2” longer Bilsteins. She rides great! May also help that there’s a fat Hellwig sway bar up there.. :naughty:
if I still lived in Kalifornia, I would be driving on hilly & twisty roads. But, here in S. Florida, the only 'hill' is a freeway overpass. So, my '05 seems fine.
Years ago, I had a 1970 GTO, bought in '73..... I had the suspension modified and it handled almost like a Trans Am race car.
This Yukon is sort of a 'beast'..... But it seems fine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17