What does your freon sticker say?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahor
42,0xx miles

AC quit working. Lost the charge. I had the recall done to remove refrigerant about 2yrs ago. I believe they are also supposed to check a fitting about mid-body, and replace the sticker under hood.

Dealership wants $175 to install dye and find issue. I have the equipment and will do myself. But don't want to overcharge system. And frankly, I already have evidence prior Dealership faked 2 recalls. So I'm 1/2 expecting they did on the freon one as well. Current Dealership "diagnosed" the issue by looking through grille. Said they couldn't find it. When I dropped the skid plate today I found a flathead, rocks, and a dessicated mouse. So the obviously didn't touch a damn thing in the 4hrs of diagnosing they performed

Current sticker looks like original. What does the sticker say for you guys/gals that have also had the recall done?

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing? surely someone has the new sticker showing correct freon levels

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a TSB that the sticker be replaced. They did it on mine but I had to Lemon Law it. It is located under the hood and it will state how much freon the AC unit should be charged with for proper operation. Some owners may not even know that the Dealer replaced it. Update: The sticker is located on the large plastic cover over the radiator just behind the grill. Mine says 0.550 kg and with pag oil 0.820 kg. Mine is a 2017.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia