Groaning/Moaning after Recall for Brakes performed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the brake recalls done sbout a month ago. 5.3, 4WD, 80k miles

Nobody has touched the car in 40k miles. I do all maintenance and it was noise free. I let the Dealership perform the recalls and now my front suspension is moaning over every single bump. <5 mph through 80 mph it groans. Noise started about 1 week after they had it

it’s definitely suspension. Does in 4wd or 2wd. Does NOT get worse or go away in 4wd. Does when I shake the car when off and parked. Had initially thought maybe was a CV or front differential

So far I have found my skid plate bolts all loose (some almost all way out) and the sway bar links were overtorqued enough to split the rubber ends. They were last touched by me 40k miles ago when I installed the 2” leveling kit

Cow killer is tight and not rubbing anything

I cannot find the issue and it’s driving me insane. Anybody have other ideas? I’m about to buy new control arms and just replace everything that moves in front end. Complete rebuild

Dealership of course swears they only hooked a scanner up and did a software update. Denies removing skid plate or torquing sway bar links.

Attachments

• 67A2EAF4-47B2-4B66-9B5D-B1040C08CAC0.jpeg
    67A2EAF4-47B2-4B66-9B5D-B1040C08CAC0.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try lubing the sway bar D bushings, mine have to done about every 6 months or when the seasons change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia