What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Disc conversion is good for you but doing the hydro-boost conversion first is best.
@SunlitComet: Thanks for the information. Might you have a link to a video or procedure/post that describes this in further detail? I have read the post regarding placing the 2007 NBS Hoe's master cylinder on my 1999 Hoe's booster but what you are talking about is different. Any help would be very much appreciated! Eric

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Forget the mc for now. It is kind of a false feeling so to speak. Not sure about a link just yet but basically you replace the vacuum brake booster with a hydraulic one, acquiring and installing the appropriate ps pump and hoses, and cooler along the way to complete the job. What kind of details you want?

tahoe.mkIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last weekend. replaced drivers seat leather, installed seat heaters up front, shampoo/steam clean carpet, disassemble clean sand and re polyurethane center console, clean and detail all leather/vinyl/plastic(...and now there is a short in the drivers seat power lumbar circuit)

Stiffler63

Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced a rad hose, installed 2 hid kits high/lo 6000k, new black headlight housings, led running lights, led fog lights, the big 3 plus extra battery.

Reaction score
Forget the mc for now. It is kind of a false feeling so to speak. Not sure about a link just yet but basically you replace the vacuum brake booster with a hydraulic one, acquiring and installing the appropriate ps pump and hoses, and cooler along the way to complete the job. What kind of details you want?
@SunlitComet: Do you know if there is an aftermarket "kit" that has all of these parts or will I have to shop around either on the ground or on the Internet to find these parts in a piecemeal fashion? Perhaps a more specific parts list of all the things I would need and where I could find them would be very helpful. Have you yourself done this conversion? Also, I am not inclined to place used/junkyard parts on my sled as when it comes to brakes, I want only new and as safe as possible since the life of my family is on the line when they are in the Hoe. I know this is asking a lot and I very much appreciate your help!

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm committed now...

c1309f15c7d7f9e797c1c60a8f64d4ac.jpg

cent frum a smaert fone

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Teaser pic of a dual gauge pod install, I'm putting in trans and oil temp gauges. The big hole was done by a dremel tool and will be covered up by the pod so aesthetics don't matter too much.

cent frum a smaert fone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo