What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I bench bled and installed a 02 Silverado Master Cylinder today.........easy breezy!

But all that starts easy never ends/finishes easy right.

Well I got my Motive pressure bleeder set up and ready to go. The first bleeder (right rear) cracked open, but no fluid was coming out. Ok, move onto the left rear.....the bleeder breaks of F' ME sideways. Well lets see what happens up on right front caliper; I prepped it with a spray of Kroil and some heat......that MF'er broke off too!

So in order to flush the DOT3 which looks as old as the truck, I will end up replacing both rear wheel cylinders and both calipers. F' it, it will all be done and new.

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
I pulled my TB to clean it up as well as the IAC area of the TB along with the MAF and replaced the TB gasket as well ... Out for a test drive as we speak.

So far idle has improved by 100 RPM at both parked and in drive and is a little snappier. And no I did not do the TB plate mod nor the air box expansion delete.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bench bled and installed a 02 Silverado Master Cylinder today.........easy breezy!

But all that starts easy never ends/finishes easy right.

Well I got my Motive pressure bleeder set up and ready to go. The first bleeder (right rear) cracked open, but no fluid was coming out. Ok, move onto the left rear.....the bleeder breaks of F' ME sideways. Well lets see what happens up on right front caliper; I prepped it with a spray of Kroil and some heat......that MF'er broke off too!

So in order to flush the DOT3 which looks as old as the truck, I will end up replacing both rear wheel cylinders and both calipers. F' it, it will all be done and new.

That's bad about the wringing off the bleeder screws. Still, wheel brake cylinders are cheap, and the calipers can either be taken off and have a removal tool used, or a rebuilt caliper used. They're just over $100.00 per pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401