What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Well it was to try and buy some LED bulbs to upgrade the lighting (only 2 lights work in the entire interior) but they were sold out.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just garbage from the previous owners. Like @Galante said, caked up grease (grease zirk is under there somewhere), road grime and debris....I had to knock a bunch of that crap off while i was in there. I never did get it perfect because I'll be doing ball joints here really soon anyway and it'll take care of itself then. The previous owners of this thing must have lived on a dirt road and never cleaned a thing. There's crap like that every where underneath this thing. I'm gradually getting it all cleaned up but it would take me a solid week to truly get it all clean if I didn't have a job I had to come to every day LOL

Ah, I was thinking that’s what it was but wondering if maybe it was someones lost pet or some other road gold lol. And I hear ya on all that, work, not enough time, and previous owners, the car guy 3 worst enemies.

Reaction score
I’ve got a 140 amp alt and I upgraded my wiring to 0 gauge grounds, and power cables. With everything on including 3 pairs of auxiliary lights and efans and and 4hi mod at idle I’m at about 13.7-13.9. Of course I do have a second battery as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great ideas and suggestions, @DallasTahoe I'll do that! I only have one battery, though, as I have that damn California emissions equipment on the driver's front corner under the hood where the second battery would have gone.

TARDIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0BFCC5B3-4973-4DDE-A27F-CB66499BCE41.jpeg CARPET CLEANING

22 years with the original owner, I inherited a lot of coffee and miscellaneous dark stains in my light grey carpet.

I was shocked how 409 Carpet Cleaner took so much of the stain out with just a little effort.
...and it smells good too

11FBA756-4BB5-4552-AA66-C10A70F30355.jpeg 37BEB754-FEB1-499E-BE7C-E280D08D6C21.jpeg D7E5FD6B-EAB9-430D-86D6-F7BAD574FC1B.jpeg 2B180E85-290F-4C93-8B3B-E2FCD6ABA699.jpeg

The last picture is the BEFORE, the second last is the AFTER (after 3 minutes of soaking and a minute of scrubbing)

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since it’s been super hot here in Dallas, (it was officially 108 today) and I haven’t been able to run the ac unless I’m flying down the freeway (which sucks). I’ve been doing some changes, first off changed the coolant, then today pulled out my efan setup, got rid of the sheet metal mounting panel and reinstalled them directly to the radiator, then reinstalled the original 11 blade fan and shroud, we’ll see how well it does tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my '12 for a week, last night my wife pulled up at a middle school, walked 100 yards away, picked up my son from football practice, walked back, and we were 1 of 3 cars with smashed windows. New purse...gone. Tint is super dark so had to have watched her get out. Getting it replaced today, then have to find a shop to match the aftermarket tint.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my '12 for a week, last night my wife pulled up at a middle school, walked 100 yards away, picked up my son from football practice, walked back, and we were 1 of 3 cars with smashed windows. New purse...gone. Tint is super dark so had to have watched her get out. Getting it replaced today, then have to find a shop to match the aftermarket tint.

Your 2012 belongs in another forum, this one is for 1991-1999 trucks. While we welcome to the Tahoe/Yukon forum, we think you'd have a better response in the forum for your year of production.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

This sucks! Every time I hear a story like this it reminds me of my uncle. He had a mailbox that was getting smashed, replaced, smashed, replaced. He noticed the pattern and waited hiding one night. Put a sledge hammer into the hood of the kids car, said "explain that to your dad." and walked back inside. Lol. Gotta love the vigilante at work!

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sucks! Every time I hear a story like this it reminds me of my uncle. He had a mailbox that was getting smashed, replaced, smashed, replaced. He noticed the pattern and waited hiding one night. Put a sledge hammer into the hood of the kids car, said "explain that to your dad." and walked back inside. Lol. Gotta love the vigilante at work!

Same had happed here, to the previous owners. I put up a Veeders make box. No further problems.
http://veedersmailbox.com