What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll bite.

What is that parked in the garage? A 73-87 is on my list of things that I don’t need to buy but really should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
77 longbed. Build thread over on gmsquarebody.com :)

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's bad about the wringing off the bleeder screws. Still, wheel brake cylinders are cheap, and the calipers can either be taken off and have a removal tool used, or a rebuilt caliper used. They're just over $100.00 per pair.

Well I replaced both rear wheel cylinders and both front calipers for under $65.

Bled the lines and now I'm good to go.......brakes better then it ever has. The main issue was the drivers side rear wheel cylinder was seized closed.

Next up.............. new AC compressor, Hi side fitting, orifice tube and re-fill. Boom, rolling like its 1999 again...nice an chilly

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled out my transfer case a lil bit ago, taking it to a local shop that specializes in them and hopefully not gonna spend too much money, $200 for sure for a heavy duty aluminum back half....

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off my transfer case, they pulled it apart in front of me and checked it all out, so it needs a chain, pump, clutches and they’re going to replace the plastic cage bearings with bearings that have steel cages, new seals, new heavy duty aluminum backhalf, and new speed sensors. They’ll replace anything else we didn’t see, Not quite a full rebuild but pretty much, $500 total! Not bad at all, i probably could have done it myself but with the cost of a rebuild kit and getting the right tools to do it, and the fact it will be done same day by a professional that does this everyday I think it’s a way better deal

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Not too many places left that have the skills or care enough to do a tear down in front of a customer. In the past decade I’ve paid it forward to the pros and buy em lunch.

During my apprenticeship there were a few who noticed we not gotten a real lunch for weeks or the time/money to take one. Those people who noticed hard work and brought me a sandwich and coffee bagged to go made it all worthwhile.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too many places left that have the skills or care enough to do a tear down in front of a customer. In the past decade I’ve paid it forward to the pros and buy em lunch.

During my apprenticeship there were a few who noticed we not gotten a real lunch for weeks or the time/money to take one. Those people who noticed hard work and brought me a sandwich and coffee bagged to go made it all worthwhile.

Yea I agree, it’s hard to find. This is actually a pretty big company here in dallas, they do everything from engines to front diffs, and each part of it is handled by in different departments, so a guy that usually builds heads won’t be putting together a transfer case. They were gracious enough to answer all my questions over the course of a few visits, walk me into the rebuild area, show me differences in what they use versus what everyone else uses, and they cut me a hell of a deal to boot! If you’re in DFW and need anything drivetrain/motor related check out Bishop International.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I used to be out in DFW or Austin every other month. The planes trains and automobile day are gone so missed my chance to get out there. FYI there is an Factory authorized Sanden compressor rebuilder in DFW that made some custom hose adapters for me 3-4 years ago. It’s a bummer everybody’s leaving LA to get out of our EPA and sales tax trap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts