What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phantom240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea... but ball joints are cheap, and a friend has a lift.

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the firm feel master cylinder install today. WOW. Huge difference. I have a feeling my old master was bad (not terrible, but one circuit was probably leaking into the other). I think I will have a much bigger safety margin pulling the 3000-pound boat/trailer now. The trailer does not have trailer brakes, so it's all up to the truck.

Just out of curiosity, with a known good, stock master cylinder, if you push the pedal down with the reservoir cover off, do you get a geyser? B/c I got one with the old master. Surprised me, since that's the first time it's ever happened to me. Other cars I've done bleed jobs on don't do that.

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is SKU A0463 on Ssbc web site. Check to see if you can get a discount through the forum. I think I did.

A note. It ships with an adapter fitting screwed into the rear port. On my truck at least, that fitting is actually needed on the front port, not the rear.

Last edited:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
The couple that I have done don't spray out like that. Weird. Must be brake fluid leaking past the cylinder or something.

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was my thinking too. I had to run for a hose to wash off the brake fluid!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It is SKU A0463 on Ssbc web site. Check to see if you can get a discount through the forum. I think I did.

A note. It ships with an adapter fitting screwed into the rear port. On my truck at least, that fitting is actually needed on the front port, not the rear.
you spent 250-300 buck on a nbs reservoir with a bushing added for you? damn.