What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that even though both inner and outer pads, look identical, on some pad sets, the rivets are in a different position such that they will interfere with the caliper piston if installed at the inboard position. This was true for the Powerstop pads I just installed on my ‘07.
True!!

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yester... Oh, it's almost 1AM- Friday, I added 799 miles to the odometer. Drove to Wimauma, FL. No pics in FL, but I took one of my stop at the beach in Gulfport, MS:

View attachment 417218
Wimauma - unless you got family there, aint no reason to stop. Hell, its so small, if you were to blink, you missed it!

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, that was fun. It wasn't the fronts at all. I was turning the car around in the driveway so I wouldn't be working in a mud puddle, and could feel a hard clunk when tapping the brakes at 2mph, and realized it was coming from the rear.

Pulled the passenger rear tire off and was greeted by this little guy poking out. Guess what it is?

zhFgaVh.jpg

The inside pad delaminated and cracked right half in two.
d7HTsPn.jpg

Inside layer of the steel was all rusted out, and I wonder how long it was separating for.
QQOflcZ.jpg

Luckily I had a complete rear brake kit waiting to go in, because the shop monkeys told me my rear brakes were in great shape during my vehicle safety inspection at the end of October, but I guess they didn't pull the wheels to look at the inside pads. The outside pads had a lot of life left, but the inside passenger was cracked, and the inside drivers was worn down to the steel - no friction material left. What did I pay for in that "safety" inspection.

I work from home and have probably put less than 500 miles on the car since Oct.

Anyways, it got dark during the 2nd brake rotor and pad swap, but it's muy bien now.

Ir5FJ6s.jpg
6Ca2aGd.jpg

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that even though both inner and outer pads, look identical, on some pad sets, the rivets are in a different position such that they will interfere with the caliper piston if installed at the inboard position. This was true for the Powerstop pads I just installed on my ‘07.
Ehhhhh, dang just saw this. Which side do the metal tangs go on? I side or outside?

Tang thing:

M4SVdMJ.jpg

Edit; NM! The rears are all the same, with no tang. The front pads can only fit a certain way too. I are dum.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhhhh, dang just saw this. Which side do the metal tangs go on? I side or outside?

Tang thing:

View attachment 417449

Edit; NM! The rears are all the same, with no tang. The front pads can only fit a certain way too. I are dum.
Sorry, I wasn't clear in the way I worded that. I was talking about these rivets:

1703719330048.png

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My evap valve solenoid died and check engine light came one, replaced today and the old one clearly cracked inside and rotted out, woah!

Also got myself Launch crp123x as Christmas present and was poking around various modules and data to see what it can do and decided to take a look at o2 sensors.
I periodically have o2 sensor error once in 500-1500 miles and just reset it.
Well, looking at graphs, the sensor that keeps throwing error voltage constant goes between 0.01-0.7 like crazy, while other sensors are still mostly.

I wonder if the cause is exhaust leak somewhere and sensor keeps flipping or the sensor is just dieing

Attachments

• IMG_5300.jpeg
    IMG_5300.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5291.jpeg
    IMG_5291.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 2

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My evap valve solenoid died and check engine light came one, replaced today and the old one clearly cracked inside and rotted out, woah!

Also got myself Launch crp123x as Christmas present and was poking around various modules and data to see what it can do and decided to take a look at o2 sensors.
I periodically have o2 sensor error once in 500-1500 miles and just reset it.
Well, looking at graphs, the sensor that keeps throwing error voltage constant goes between 0.01-0.7 like crazy, while other sensors are still mostly.

I wonder if the cause is exhaust leak somewhere and sensor keeps flipping or the sensor is just dieing

If it's an upstream sensor it SHOULD BE oscillating between 0.1 and 0.9 V if it's working. 100-900mV. If an upstream is static it's either weak, not getting heated up, or dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900