What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Something I will have to check next time I go to the PYP.

Edit: I checked the photos of the vehicle in question. Definitely no handle. I'll have to pull it apart to see how it goes together.

The rear hatch is aluminum and the glass is glued to the frame kinda like how the windshield is. If you're gonna keep your Hybrid appliques, you might be able to shave the sides of the glass. Or modify the mounting points of the appliques to sit a little wider. Maybe reshape them by softening with a heat gun?

DJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear hatch is aluminum and the glass is glued to the frame kinda like how the windshield is. If you're gonna keep your Hybrid appliques, you might be able to shave the sides of the glass. Or modify the mounting points of the appliques to sit a little wider. Maybe reshape them by softening with a heat gun?
Thanks for pointing that out. It's not a major rub fortunately, but the top plastic trim is visually noticeable. I'll come up with a plan when I visit the yard again.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I like it right where it is and once it touches the glass, it sticks. I gotta have some way to get it just right cuz I might have windshield tint one day and I'd need a cutout for the sticker. :secret:
@89Suburban when I needed to "acquire" an inspection sticker for my Hoe--what works best to peel off the sticker is starter fluid or brake clean spray with a sharp razor blade--going slowly. The Jersey stickers have those metallic looking sticker onnthe bottom of the paper sticker that'll say "void" if it gets damaged. Works every time.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. It's not a major rub fortunately, but the top plastic trim is visually noticeable. I'll come up with a plan when I visit the yard again.

no clue if it helps you, but the hybrid yukon had the lift glass. (probably the Escalade too) why, I don't know cause I can't imagine ever using it when the hatch is power lift.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a star certified smog tech.

Neither am I. lol

My Tahoe Twin buddy gets these stickers from someone. They're just really good knock-offs. My Tahoe would pass inspection with flying colors if it weren't for the tint. I had an inspection station that ignored the tint but he got busted a few years ago for doing that. So, I've been rocking these stickers since. Driving only 6-7K a year, I'll take my chances. In contrast, my work van, that's on the road 60K a year, has the sticker it left the dealership with in 2020, which expired in November of 21. Around here, cops aren't gonna risk getting shot over an expired MVI sticker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet